300 blkout pistol help

Tikkamike

I'm not really an AR person but I have a TBAC 338ultra suppressor that I got and have decided having it on my rum isn't for me. So I think having it on a dedicated rifle like a 300 blkout pistol would be fun. So I'm looking for help. I dont want anything crazy just a solid platform that I can upgrade as I see fit. I don't want to dump a bunch of money into it. So here's what I'm looking at.
https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar15-complete-moe-ept-sba3-lower-5165448150.html
Then put together or buy something similar for the upper. Then like a 8 or 10" barrel then a hand guard that fits over the can... any help or suggestions appreciated

PSA makes some solid stuff. I just saw a review by Small Arms Solutions.
https://www.full30.com/watch/MDIwOTM0/the-psa-pa-15-moe-carbine

PSA is now making everything in house, forgings, barrels, and all. Their idea is that all the quality control is in their hands.

I have a .300 BO with a 10" barrel and suppressor. It was great fun, and quiet. If you really want quiet, put the suppressor on a bolt gun or single shot. Subsonic ammunition isn't usually cheap and the 300 has never impressed me. I satisfied my subsonic desires by going with a .45 acp AR.

If you rig one up with one load, you will be happy, but there is so much difference in ammunition bullet weights/subsonic/supersonic, that you have to sight it in each time you change up. Unless you have a reliable scope and record your drops.

PSA makes some solid stuff. I just saw a review by Small Arms Solutions.
https://www.full30.com/watch/MDIwOTM0/the-psa-pa-15-moe-carbine

PSA is now making everything in house, forgings, barrels, and all. Their idea is that all the quality control is in their hands.

I have a .300 BO with a 10" barrel and suppressor. It was great fun, and quiet. If you really want quiet, put the suppressor on a bolt gun or single shot. Subsonic ammunition isn't usually cheap and the 300 has never impressed me. I satisfied my subsonic desires by going with a .45 acp AR.

If you rig one up with one load, you will be happy, but there is so much difference in ammunition bullet weights/subsonic/supersonic, that you have to sight it in each time you change up. Unless you have a reliable scope and record your drops.
My other thought has been a Tikka 308 cut to 18 and threaded then call it good

I really like your thoughts on the Tikka very much and I think you would enjoy it and use it much more. I have a Tikka CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor with a 20" barrel that is a joy to shoot. I can see the bullet strike steel at 500 with a Silencerco Hybrid attached.

I guess you would have to thread the barrel on the T3 Tikka. The CTR comes threaded, but it has a heavy barrel; therefore the rifle is pretty heavy.

Or you could always consider one of the threaded CZ527's if you want light weight. Although I don't like the magazine on the 527. It's right at the balance point (un-suppressed) for me.

To be honest, I never use the AR in 300 BO and I wish I had put the money in something more useful to me. I built one as a rifle and it has been disassembled so I could use the parts for another build. Most of the rifles I use are tools and the BO is a toy - we get tired of toys.

If you want a bolt gun, look at the remington model 7, it comes with a short threaded barrel.
Subsonic Bolt guns are stupid quiet, ar's are fun but not as quiet. I have a subsonic 300bo 10" and it's fun but my 16" 308 tickles my fancy more

I would suggest looking into a 6.5 Grendel.

I just got my Omega 300 out of jail and have been shooting it on my 6.5 and my DPMS GII. The Grendel with supersonic loads are amazingly quiet. Of course, the DPMS being a 308 is quite a bit noisier.

My Grendel load is 26.9gns of AR Comp under a 129gn LRAB. I am getting ~2375fps.
I am going to hunt deer with the 6.5 but I will use something much more powerful for elk.

Just get the psa .300 aac pistol if that's what you want. Psa makes good stuff, the suppressor will work and it's there you go. An AR is an AR is an AR and these days there are a lot of options. If running suppressed I do recommend getting a adjustable gas block, even for a "pistol"

I'm in NC so a good bit of my hunting is wooded with agricultural fields. I have had 3 blackouts, a 10" pistol, 16" ar, and a Ruger American Ranch. I sold the pistol because it never got used. I hunt the Ruger with a DeadAir Sandman-L quite a bit and it is a lot of fun as the bullet striking the deer is louder than the gun firing. I am currently considering a single shot in 300 Blk because I have 3 loads I run in the Ruger and a single shot would make life easier. I run a 220 Outlaw State Bullet for suppressed hunting, a 90 grain Hornady XTP subsonic, and a 110 Barnes Tac-Tx at 2400 fps. I can hunt that out to 250+ yards or so with the 110 Barnes and out to 100 or so with the 220 and the 90 shoots the same poi as the 220 out to 100 so coyotes and small game are on the table as well. Taken deer as far as 175 yards so far and have shot a coyote at 60 yards then shot a doe less than 5 minutes later.

My 7.5" 300blk PSA upper is really fun, and reliable. Only thing I changed in it was to add an adjustable gas block. It's also stupid accurate.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts