300 Blk with 250gr A tip

josip89

Hello
Is anybody try this combo in subsonic.
And any experience with A tip subsonic.
I have 190 gr sub x and it is ok but i dont know why they dont go heavier because penatration is issue in little bigger game (above 60kg or 130ibs)
Thank you

I can hear my wallet screaming already. Cost and lack of need for most people is probably the issue.

Any pics of recovered subx bullets?

I have in hand two bullets from the same hunt.
2 boar about same size 85-90kg(190ibs) and bullets did not pass on the other side i found it in the lungs in both cases.
Bullets is opened but penatration is big question (or lack of it).
For picture ,my dad throw away bullets (he is not so deep in that).

youll get zero expansion from the a-tip at subsonic speeds

2 ways to kill with subsonic bullets--- non-expanding/ flip flopping large bullet hole, or specialty low velocity/fast expanding bullets that act more like a broad head and cut

the a-tip will have more penetration, but will it pencil through or filp/flop? test to find out I guess --might be too long for the BO though

I think You are right.
I was just hoping that big aluminum tip can initiate expansion.

But I realy dont know why is hornady go with 190 because i would go with minimum 220gr(heavier is better).

Not much of anything subsonic is going to penetrate a large hog consistently. Ive always had good luck with the old 208 Amax from Hornady in the BO. There's still a few to be found if you look on some of the forums but the new ELD-M's are essentially the same bullet. The Atip will be too long and insanely expensive for what you are looking to accomplish.

300BO with subsonics in a "long range hunting" forum??

Bullet in question is NOT designed for the application in which you are applying it. Pick something that is. Subsonics are great for noise, not so great for quick kills, is pretty much any evolution.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts