.300 Blk Out needs?🤔

Hmmmmmm. Well, since this is the first AR I've ever owned I wasn't sure if the problem was the rifle or the ammo. I'm familiar with the platform, but only due to having to carry/qualify with one twice a year at the Sheriffs Office here.
I am leaning towards the ammo, an unfired round should not need to be pushed out with a cleaning rod with force.

My guess the chamber was cut short of spec our old reamer….Take the upper off, BCG out, hold the upper muzzle up, finger load a round in the chamber, push the round in and out lightly with your finger in the chamber. You should here the round click in then drop out. If it slides in hard and gets stuck hard, my guess chamber. I use this method to seat bullets to OAL for reloads in this platform. Not scientific but works for me. Don't think I ever had a factory round out of spec. That's just me. Now remember I am no gunsmith and any suggestions I disclosed you should not do! You should always use a licensed gunsmith.

Also…..would something along these lines be decent enough to slap on top of this rifle? I won't be doing anything with it other than knocking off the occasional 'varmint' (animal….non-biped 😇) on my property and target/steel work just for fun…

I run LPVO scopes on all my ARs now. I have used multiple brands but the Swampfox brand has been what I have stayed with. Give them a look, they might work for you.
The 300 blackout is a fun one. I just sold one of mine and I am regretting it now.

If they tell you you're stuck with it, mail me the upper and I'll take it apart and see what's up with it.
That's a heckuva offer there and I appreciate you. I took it to the LGS @ an hour ago. For some reason they didn't want to see if different ammo would simply cycle in it there in the shop. The store owner said he would "take it home" and try 4 or 5 different brands of ammo and see what happens and then call me after lunch. Heck, I even offered to just buy a different brand/box of ammo so I could attempt to cycle it right there…and he wasn't having any of that. Kinda weird. I'll let you know, Sir….and again…thanks so much. 👍

X2 on Brass Goat. By far my favorite for the AR-15.

One drawback is that it doesn't have much capacity, but I'm not mag dumping with it on so NBD to me. Perfect for hunting situations where I don't want to lose a case.

@QuietTexan
@Chrsm

So, I didn't hear back from the LGS at their stated "get back to me" time so I called @ 30 minutes before they closed….and I asked to speak with the owner. I was told that he was not there and was actually out working with my rifle and had been for several hours….unsuccessfully. I was told they were quite sure the chamber was out of spec on the rifle and that they were going to put a new upper on it and see what THAT did. We'll see what they say tomorrow, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. 😐

@QuietTexan
@Chrsm

So, I didn't hear back from the LGS at their stated "get back to me" time so I called @ 30 minutes before they closed….and I asked to speak with the owner. I was told that he was not there and was actually out working with my rifle and had been for several hours….unsuccessfully. I was told they were quite sure the chamber was out of spec on the rifle and that they were going to put a new upper on it and see what THAT did. We'll see what they say tomorrow, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. 😐
I've fired a couple hundred rounds of PPU 300 blk. Never a problem. Once you get your upper fixed you'll be good

I've fired a couple hundred rounds of PPU 300 blk. Never a problem. Once you get your upper fixed you'll be good
@QuietTexan
@Chrsm
My LGS couldn't fix the rifle and they even went so far as swap a complete upper out and danged if THAT upper didn't do the same thing!! Apparently they received a 'bad batch' of Anderson 'skeletonized kits' that are all out of spec and now they're gonna have to be sent back to Anderson.
So, I've been refunded the full amount and it's back to square one. 😂🤣 I've got 100 rounds of Hornady 190gr Sub-X TAP on the way as well as some Lee dies (easy fellas) and some Hornady 208 grain HPBT's. I'll just use the brass from the Hornady Sub-X TAP's and it would appear from reading that IMR 4198 might be decent powder for sub-sonics…..which I have A TON of for my SML. Now, I just need a rifle! 🤪

Last edited: