300 Big Dog is done!

The 1st range session looks like we will be able to run the 199's at 3600 fps. Didn't get far with it though. The single set of vortex rings was not able to hang onto the scope. It is now wearing a second set of rings. The scope was rotating due to the torque of the 8" twist. The left hand twist definitely feels different. It does pull the rifle away from your face do you don't feel that slap into your cheek weld. So beyond a bit of velocity testing and Gun Juice treatment of the barrel we didn't get real far with it.

So will the left hand twist shoot better in the southern hemisphere?
I don't think it will shoot better or worse in either hemisphere. Technically in the northern hemisphere the left hand twist will counter the Coriolis effect. I have never wrapped my head around this. I know some apps will calculate for it.

Very interesting build! Looking at its capabilities makes me think about coming down in caliber for really long range hunting.😁

Technically in the northern hemisphere the left hand twist will counter the Coriolis effect.
With your rifle this works at somewhat moderate ranges, the actual number depending on the latitude and direction of fire. Then the spin drift will take over and push things to the left at longer ranges.
Between Coriolis effect (horizontal dispersion), Eotvos effect (vertical dispersion often described as Coriolis), spin drift, aerodynamic jump, gravity, sd/es from shot to shot, bullet BC variation, rifle precision capability, and operator error it is amazing that we can hit anything at long range even if we nail the wind call.

What powder are you focusing on for the 199's? Got a 300 Norma Improved being built right now and plan to run the 199's as well. I have N570, but curious about a possible faster powder. 560 or 565?