30 Wolf Info

Brent

Can we get info here on who has dies, reamer, and some other info reguarding thing necessary to barrel and chamber one yourself for this cartridge?

My brother can do one for my wife, I have her convinced now.
smile.gif

Brent

Sorry, I missed the question. I usually make the dies with the set of reamers Dan Green and I collaborated on, I have not been able to find the drawings of the reamers since I moved into my new shop. If I come accross them I will e-mail them to you asap. The set up we are using now is a regrind of the original with a shorter throat, so it may be easier to send you a fired case and some throat dimensions, here is what I remember off the top of my head.

.5835" dia. .200" from base

.565" dia. @ shoulder wich is 35 degrees.

neck is .336" 45* to .3086 to + .090" = freebore to 1.5* throat.

It may be easier to do a 30 Yogi for the do it yourselfer, there is a lot more engineering in this system than the reamer dimensions. This type of accuracy and brass life comes from a combination of things that few if any gunsmiths are tooled to do. Some of the key things we do are proprietary, it is the difference between a 3/8 MOA gun and a sub 1/4 MOA gun.
smile.gif

Wow, would I like to have a system like that!!

You keep havin your customers post stuff like that here and I'm liable to camp on your doorstep until you adopt me!
grin.gif
grin.gif

I'll save my pennies and someday... I can make use of it.
wink.gif

Seriously, we'll see how the new career goes this spring and summer before I pull out all the stops. I wish it were gunsmithing, but not YET.

Semi-customs are all I need yet. Lots of angles to work on in my path for now, but I can't stop tinkerin with things until then.
grin.gif

Thanks for all the information there too. I'm taking lots of notes.
smile.gif

Brent

You have a great mindset for continuous improvement, keeping an open mind to new ideas is only half the battle. One still must find creative and logical tests that will differentiate the truth from the bull, in a way that is valid to the bottom line. This is what I believe was the true genius of Harold Vaughn, and probably any great researcher.

S1,

Is this the book you all were refering to a while back in discussion that he wrote which is for sale in PS magazine... Rifle Accuracy Facts?

It looks like a very interesting read for sure.

The 50 Cal book I got a couple weeks ago from Amazon, my son has taken it over! I should have read it first before suggesting HE read it... ****!
grin.gif

Brent

Yes, that is the book, and I wish he would write a sequel. Harold is not a spring chicken any more, and when he moves on, he is gonna take a world of knowledge and wisdom with him.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.