30 SM with the 245 EOL

Yes, you can fire factory prc factory ammo very accurately.
The longer barrels will help, to a point.
We need to test more with the 245's to find accuracy nodes but with a 30", I would not be at all surprised to find accuracy at 3000'.
A 9 twist will work well. Some folks are building 8 twist for very long bullets.
You can purchase Reamers, dies, and head stamped brass from my website at:
shermanwildcatcartridges.com
Call if you have questions......Rich

Rich any opinions on the following?

Any suggestions CRF MAGAZINE FED LARGE SHANK ACTION ???

Barrel? 30cal 1.25" diameter full length cut rifled? Polyagonal? Gain twist? 5r? 3r? proof barrel 30" long...

Looking for suggestions.

ALL COMMENTS APPRECIATED!!!

Thanks Brice

Rich any opinions on the following?

Any suggestions CRF MAGAZINE FED LARGE SHANK ACTION ???

Barrel? 30cal 1.25" diameter full length cut rifled? Polyagonal? Gain twist? 5r? 3r? proof barrel 30" long...

Looking for suggestions.

ALL COMMENTS APPRECIATED!!!

Thanks Brice
Any action that you could build a WM on would be fine.
With the 245's, you will need a minimum 3.8"
magazine. 3.9-4" " would be better.
Taper depends on what you're trying to accomplish but it sounds like you're looking for mostly long range target use? If thats the case, a Sendero contour would be minimum, and heavier, as much as you wanted.
If Its long range hunting, I would go minimum #5, or 3b in a Bartlein.
I like 4 groove Krieger barrels, 5r Bartlein, Brux, Rock Creek, etc. Lots of good barrel choices!

Any action that you could build a WM on would be fine.
With the 245's, you will need a minimum 3.8"
magazine. 3.9-4" " would be better.
Taper depends on what you're trying to accomplish but it sounds like you're looking for mostly long range target use? If thats the case, a Sendero contour would be minimum, and heavier, as much as you wanted.
If Its long range hunting, I would go minimum #5, or 3b in a Bartlein.
I like 4 groove Krieger barrels, 5r Bartlein, Brux, Rock Creek, etc. Lots of good barrel choices!

Rich ,

Do you have a photo of loaded cartridges of 30 SM standing next to .300 PRC that you could post ?
If a factory .300 PRC will fit into , and shoot from a Sherman 30 SM , is the brass then fire-forming into the 30 SM case dimensions ? Or is there some other case design difference ?

Thank You ,
DMP25-06

I've got a spare hawk hill rem varmint contour, 8 twist, 30 cal barrel if anyone needs one.

Rich ,

Do you have a photo of loaded cartridges of 30 SM standing next to .300 PRC that you could post ?
If a factory .300 PRC will fit into , and shoot from a Sherman 30 SM , is the brass then fire-forming into the 30 SM case dimensions ? Or is there some other case design difference ?

Thank You ,
DMP25-06
Look here:

and here:

You're killing me Rich. I'm going to have to break down and build one of these.

Rich ,

Thank You ,
DMP25-06
Rich ,

Thank You ,
DMP25-06
IMG_20191118_124736971.jpg

Yes, you can shoot Factory 300 ammo and then reload with Sherman dies

You guys might get me divorced yet. I like several of these Sherman rounds and this thread has me thinking about rebarreling my 300 Winnie.

Why why why I have to finish the two Sherman's I have before I start a third I just keep telling the wife these rifles are for her and I. This is really tempting but I have a gap in the 338 world so may look at a 338 Sherman but Dang that's impressive

Does anyone have the case capacity of the 30 Sherman with fire formed ADG brass?
I'm really looking forward to putting mine together.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.