30 sherman magnum

elkaholic

This was formally the 300 PRC S.I. for those who missed it.
I got out a couple days ago to do some more testing and the mirage shooting over the bright snow was terrible so I couldn't really accomplish as much as I wanted to. I did get some velocities and enough data to make another run on a couple loads when conditions warrant.
I ran some 225 eldm's at 3059 with N570 that showed potential
I also shot some 215 Bergers at 3167' that also looked like they need more testing.
Below are pics of the brass which didn't show any over pressure and a pic of the 215 Berger group. I think in better condition this load would cut a single hole.
IMG_20190321_093444900.jpg
IMG_20190321_094051849_HDR.jpg

According to Whidden it should be in a week
BTW, another client shot some Hornady 225 factory ammo into 3/8" while fire forming in his new chamber.

Thanks. In my experience, a Whidden week is month to the rest of us. LOL

I should probably start accumulating parts now so I can actually work on having a barrel chambered some time this summer. Too many projects, not enough time.....

I was using Nosler. A little tougher than Hornady. Just curious how hard you could push it. It was a hot load. 3-4 loadings and pockets were toast.

I was using Nosler. A little tougher than Hornady. Just curious how hard you could push it. It was a hot load. 3-4 loadings and pockets were toast.

This was formally the 300 PRC S.I. for those who missed it.
I got out a couple days ago to do some more testing and the mirage shooting over the bright snow was terrible so I couldn't really accomplish as much as I wanted to. I did get some velocities and enough data to make another run on a couple loads when conditions warrant.
I ran some 225 eldm's at 3059 with N570 that showed potential
I also shot some 215 Bergers at 3167' that also looked like they need more testing.
Below are pics of the brass which didn't show any over pressure and a pic of the 215 Berger group. I think in better condition this load would cut a single hole.View attachment 127740 View attachment 127741
Rich, do you remember how far off the lands you are with those 215s.