30 sherman magnum

I run a Wyatt's box for the 30 SM and an HS Precision box for the 28 SM They both work for the 30 SM. 30 SM COL 3.694 (245 Bergers), 28 SM COL 3.663 (195 Begers). The both load nicely. I did machine the 30 SM Rem 700 action to accepts Wyatt's box.
20210309_223448.jpg

Hello all so my anti is ready. For my 30 sherman build. I'm looking to put it together with either a 3b bart or brux
First question has anyone used the new metel from Bart that is supossed to get more round count?
Any of you shooting the 230 atips?
Or 230 burgers?
What twist rate did you go with for 24" or 26" barrel? (Im leaning towards26")
Any help will be much appreciated. Would like to call and order my barrels today.

Hello all so my anti is ready. For my 30 sherman build. I'm looking to put it together with either a 3b bart or brux
First question has anyone used the new metel from Bart that is supossed to get more round count?
Any of you shooting the 230 atips?
Or 230 burgers?
What twist rate did you go with for 24" or 26" barrel? (Im leaning towards26")
Any help will be much appreciated. Would like to call and order my barrels today.
A 9 twist will handle all but the longest bullets like 250 ATips.
Both Brux and Bart are good barrels.
Barrel length is about 25'/ inch. That said, you should be able to run a 230 past 3100' even with a 26". Should be a good node with low pressure between 3009-3050' with a 26".

A 9 twist will handle all but the longest bullets like 250 ATips.
Both Brux and Bart are good barrels.
Barrel length is about 25'/ inch. That said, you should be able to run a 230 past 3100' even with a 26". Should be a good node with low pressure between 3009-3050' with a 26".
3000-3050'

G'day gents,
I had a rea through this forum and the information within, I was just looking to see if the new Lapua 300PRC brass had landed on anyone's reloading bench and could compare the internal fireformed volumes between ADG and Lapua cases.
We've just had a shipment of both manufacturers cartridges and I'm collecting bits now for a future 30 Sherman build on a new Borden Bigfoot.
Also, do the new Lapua cases allow you to run up a little higher in pressure over say the ADG or is it all on par at this level?

Cheers
Dan

G'day gents,
I had a rea through this forum and the information within, I was just looking to see if the new Lapua 300PRC brass had landed on anyone's reloading bench and could compare the internal fireformed volumes between ADG and Lapua cases.
We've just had a shipment of both manufacturers cartridges and I'm collecting bits now for a future 30 Sherman build on a new Borden Bigfoot.
Also, do the new Lapua cases allow you to run up a little higher in pressure over say the ADG or is it all on par at this level?

Cheers
Dan
Just got some 300prc brass but do not have any ADG for comparison. Mine will be fireformed to the 30 SM.

G'day gents,

Cheers
Dan
Im pretty sure that ADG will have more capacity than Lapua and it has been shown in other cases to be at least as strong and consistent.

Im pretty sure that ADG will have more capacity than Lapua and it has been shown in other cases to be at least as strong and consistent.
I've compared the lapua to adg. Lapua is lighter and holds more powder, has thicker necks. However in my 7-300prc, lapua showed pressure at lower charge weight/velocities. The web area on lapua is 0.0015 smaller than ADG, my chamber is opened up generously at the web to prevent clickers. The lapua brass may not have been gripping the chamber well at the rear. Ejector marks showed up early compared to ADG.

I compared H20 capacity between 2 fireformed pieces of 30 SM brass. ADG held 95.7g and Lapua held 97.1g. Measurements at the web were .531 for ADG and .533 for Lapua. These were fired from the same rifle. Just information for the 30 SM shooters. Once I fireform the remaining 25 pieces of Lapua I will load my normal charge and see what goes on.

I compared H20 capacity between 2 fireformed pieces of 30 SM brass. ADG held 95.7g and Lapua held 97.1g. Measurements at the web were .531 for ADG and .533 for Lapua. These were fired from the same rifle. Just information for the 30 SM shooters. Once I fireform the remaining 25 pieces of Lapua I will load my normal charge and see what goes on.
Is this maybe reversed? My h20 capacity on fired ADG was over 97 grs.

Recent Posts