30 Sherman mag v Properly Throated 300Prc and 30 Nosler

Tight web specs get you into trouble with sizing dies. Saami minimums work quite well. Any smaller and you will need custom dies and in some cases you wont be able to get enough sizing if you go smaller. Even saami minimum needs custom dies sometimes as many dies are spec'd for sloppy chambers. Loose web specs let the web grow before you get extraction issues if your running pressures that expand the web, but many feel it contributes to loosening of primer pockets.

Tight web specs get you into trouble with sizing dies. Saami minimums work quite well. Any smaller and you will need custom dies and in some cases you wont be able to get enough sizing if you go smaller. Even saami minimum needs custom dies sometimes as many dies are spec'd for sloppy chambers. Loose web specs let the web grow before you get extraction issues if your running pressures that expand the web, but many feel it contributes to loosening of primer pockets.
10-4 I'm on the same page! i more than likely worded that wrong and by "Probably tighter' i meant that on being the min spec side of sammi!

Who cares when they all suck compared to a 300 RUM ;)

300 bourbon would be better yet.
shep

This is making me mighty thirsty. Let me officially start this with a .300 Scotch ...

Cheers!.jpg

Heck, it's happy hour somewhere. Cheers!

P.S.

My apologies to @Mram10us .

Last edited:
Might have to build a 300prc and run the reamer in an extra .010 and call it the 300 bourb. Nothing wrong with scotch if it isn't too peaty. You know why scotch is so good. They make their barrels from used USA bourbon barrels. There is one scotch that's 15 yrs old put in French oak barrels that I really like.
Shep

Might have to build a 300prc and run the reamer in an extra .010 and call it the 300 bourb. Nothing wrong with scotch if it isn't too peaty. You know why scotch is so good. They make their barrels from used USA bourbon barrels. There is one scotch that's 15 yrs old put in French oak barrels that I really like.
Shep
Is there anyone that makes good brass for the 300 PRC?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.