30 Sherman mag v Properly Throated 300Prc and 30 Nosler

I think Rich said the Sherman is 99grs of water capacity in Hornady brass. He would be the best for answers on the ADG brass. The 30 Nosler is 101 in ADG brass (99 in Nosler brass) and, if I remember right, the standard 300PRC is 94-95 in Hornady brass (It's been a while since I measure it). The standard PRC would be closer to a long throated 300wm then the other two since it's only 1-2 grains higher capacity. In Nosler brass with a properly throated 30 Nosler your looking at a node around 3030-3040 in a 26" barrel with H1000 and 215's. With ADG you can run up to the next node around 3100.

Case capacity is case capacity. Do an AI on any case and you hide pressure. Doesn't mean it's not there. Just means a 40 degree shoulder with minimal case taper is an Ackley Improved. You'll blow primers before you'll get bolt lift.

Case capacity is case capacity. Do an AI on any case and you hide pressure. Doesn't mean it's not there. Just means a 40 degree shoulder with minimal case taper is an Ackley Improved. You'll blow primers before you'll get bolt lift.

I disagree about the blowing primers before bolt lift. In my AI I still get heavy bolt lift and ejector marks before blowing primers. And maybe you didn't mean that literally and were embellishing for affect. Hard to tell.

A rum will smash them in performance. Why? Cause it has 10 grain more case capacity.
I think it is closer than you think, especially when you can run the nosler case long enough to have only the boat tail below the neck. The case capacity difference gets eaten up pretty quick by the bullet.
Throat them out the same and the bigger case always wins, chamber the rum to sammi and the case isnt really that much bigger.

I think it is closer than you think, especially when you can run the nosler case long enough to have only the boat tail below the neck. The case capacity difference gets eaten up pretty quick by the bullet.
Throat them out the same and the bigger case always wins, chamber the rum to sammi and the case isnt really that much bigger.
Safe to say, most of us throat for bullet to be used. Saami is a dirty word :)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.