• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 30 Sherman Mag Reamer

Forcedoutage

Brand new custom 30 Sherman Mag reamer and Go Gauge. I had this one cut with additional Freebore. .320 freebore. I bought this mainly to support a group buy and also feel if I can sell this at a reduced rate it might help get someone new into the Sherman Rounds. Rich and all the other shooters have been so helpful to me as I have built 3 and have a fourth almost ready to build.

$225 shipped. E4953939-4B0E-4019-82EF-CE7E3C463419.jpeg21F99225-7432-46E5-974A-C2BEA5EB33D8.jpeg10DD63FA-6735-4CA2-AE3F-33E55A21B4B8.jpeg74760564-A18B-4856-8CA3-FED1D42B2464.jpeg9AD97BDE-FD5A-425E-B8AC-7CBDB138B9C7.jpeg

Last edited:
It's .088 over a standard 300 PRC. And .083 more than the regular 30 SM. I feel it gives the best length for the 245 Berger's as well as the longer Mono's like the hammer hunters then also gives you the ability to run a 200 Accubond or Swift Aframe out a bit to maximize case capacity with standard bullets. There are a few running .3 and .32 on 30 Noslers. Not sure how many with PRC's. If you want to run lighter Berger's then the standard would be better.

Last edited:
Thx for the note...

I want to throat it to give the most versatility including still firing factory 300 prc if I need to...

I am planning to shoot 230 atip, 225 eldm, possibly berger 245 and possibly 250 atip

I have 3.850 to work with in the mag and would love to know your thoughts on if this is a good throat or if I should stick with the "standard" for my purposes...

Thx in advance...

Tim

Factory PRC ammo should shoot best out of the standard. Since it's loaded a little short even for the PRC reamer. The standard will give you the versatility to run the lighter hornady bullets and lighter Berger's. The extra freebore should allow you to maximize potential of the heaviest (245-250) bullets and down to the 225 eld-M. Plus any heavy mono's >200.

the standard reamer should shoot the heavy bullets well too, they will just be loaded into the case a touch more.

you would probably want the standard reamer for what you want.

Last edited:
300 PRC Improved (ala Ackley) with a scosche added to the diameter in the case head to eliminate the "clickers"...

This version with this 40 degree shoulder was done by Rich Sherman (@elkaholic here on LRH) and so has his name on it as the 30 Sherman Magnum or 30 SM...

These allow for a few grains more powder plus better brass life to permit running loads at the upper end of safe charge windows in formed brass while retaining the ability to safely fire SAAMI 300 PRC as well (resulting in a fire formed 30 SM naturally)

300 PRC Improved (ala Ackley) with a scosche added to the diameter in the case head to eliminate the "clickers"...

This version with this 40 degree shoulder was done by Rich Sherman (@elkaholic here on LRH) and so has his name on it as the 30 Sherman Magnum or 30 SM...

These allow for a few grains more powder plus better brass life to permit running loads at the upper end of safe charge windows in formed brass while retaining the ability to safely fire SAAMI 300 PRC as well (resulting in a fire formed 30 SM naturally)
Great info. Thanks. Sounds like it's something I'll be researching before my 300 PRC build. I like the 40° shoulder for sure. If I wanted 300NM performance, I'd build one of those. Looking for a perfect cartridge to shoot the 225/230s and can't see a better option with the long neck and now a 40° shoulder option. Very interesting.

There is a whole thread on the 30SM here on LRH - good read. There is also a facebook page/group you can request to join.

You might also want to visit https://shermanwildcatcartridges.com/30-sherman-magnum

My opinion (take it as worth what you paid for it) is the 30 SM is the perfect design and capacity for long range work using 200-250 grain bullets - I'm building this one to achieve my goal of a hit at 1 mile ... this can go well beyond that even at sea level and the higher you go, the further it can effectively reach. Options for BC's as high and higher than the heavy 338s but flatter, less recoil, less powder, standard long action and standard magnum boltface ...

I'm waiting for my 8 twist 5r X-Caliber barrel to arrive at my barrel guys shop ... hoping to have the finished barrel by mid February or so and be forming brass, breaking in, and developing loads by March.

Sorry for the hijack @Forcedoutage !

There is a whole thread on the 30SM here on LRH - good read. There is also a facebook page/group you can request to join.

You might also want to visit https://shermanwildcatcartridges.com/30-sherman-magnum

My opinion (take it as worth what you paid for it) is the 30 SM is the perfect design and capacity for long range work using 200-250 grain bullets - I'm building this one to achieve my goal of a hit at 1 mile ... this can go well beyond that even at sea level and the higher you go, the further it can effectively reach. Options for BC's as high and higher than the heavy 338s but flatter, less recoil, less powder, standard long action and standard magnum boltface ...

I'm waiting for my 8 twist 5r X-Caliber barrel to arrive at my barrel guys shop ... hoping to have the finished barrel by mid February or so and be forming brass, breaking in, and developing loads by March.

Sorry for the hijack @Forcedoutage !
I have a 338 LM proved for those ranges. Nothing, absolutely nothing beats heavy high BC bullets when Ma nature is gassing at those ELRs. I considered the 30/338 LM improved but after watching the lighter 30 caliber bullets get blown in the wind, I'm sticking with the 300+ grainers. Those high BC 30s are great but it's only theory that proves they can run with the heaviest 338s. In real world conditions (windy conditions) the heavier high BC 338s are King. Beyond that, stepping up to the .375 is best and going up from there based on range and conditions. In lower and moderate winds, the big 30 caliber bullets are excellent and run with the 338s for sure. Thanks for that info. I'll pursue some data on getting a reamer. John