.30 PRC

Let's wait and see, that's what everyone said about the 6.5 PRC. Yet everyday more rifle manufacturers are offering it in their line up.

Isn't a Remington long action mag box 3.685?

Try to find factory ammo in any of those calibers that comes close to the PRC?

Hornady isn't trying to be the fastest 30 cal magnum, that's not what it's all about. The creedmoor wasn't the fastest 6.5 round. It's about designing a whole package that works at long range that the average dude can afford. IHfarmer and nomosendero are right, it's a long range 30 cal that dosen't require a custom gun or custom ammo to shoot the heavy for caliber, high bc bullets.
You can get Berger ammo loaded with 215 otm hybrids that run 2885 fps for 300win mag. Will run right next to the 225 eld-m a 2825fps. Berger bullets are much more consistent in construction, and the BC is spot on. They 45$ a box. Believe they're using norma brass.

You can get Berger ammo loaded with 215 otm hybrids that run 2885 fps for 300win mag. Will run right next to the 225 eld-m a 2825fps. Berger bullets are much more consistent in construction, and the BC is spot on. They 45$ a box. Believe they're using norma brass.

You are correct, that is the only one that I know of, and they have a disclaimer that it won't work in all rifles because they load it longer than max SAAMI spec. Plus, you can't really find that at the local sporting good stores.

Looks like the factory loaded amo won't fit in a normal magnum magazine.

3.650" col on the 212 ELD-X.
3.683" col on the 225 ELD-M

Dang don't like this

Those will fit in any AICS pattern mag that I've used. My factory Rem LA mag box will take an OAL of 3.680"

Hornady boasts that the 300 PRC is the "Ultimate 30 caliber Magnum" .... and "The 300 PRC makes long range, mid range"

for realz ? 2810 fps at muzzle with the 225 gr ELDM .... that's ultimate ?

Now every gun dummy (creediot) will auto assume that the 300 PRC is the king of ALL 30 caliber cartridges

Hornady ever hear about the 300 RUM or 300 Norma Magnum ?
300 Wby, 30-378 Wby ?

my 300 NM Imp has that velocity at 330 yards with a 225 gr bullet

what magical powers am I missing that 2810 fps at the muzzle has ?View attachment 111613
Just watched my "Creediot" buddy shoot this bull at 280 yards with a 143 ELDX factory 6.5 Creed load, from his factory Tikka.
Perfect example of a guy who doesnt want to handload, and now has a really good off the shelf long range option.
20181109_091919.jpg

Very nice Bull, congrats to your Buddy.
I would like to hear about the performance in detail when you have time.
Thanks it was pretty cool to be apart of, it was by far his biggest bull.
So the first shot was a little far back but center lungs, the bull started running and he sent a second shot center shoulder.
He went about 50 yards and went down.
The lung shot killed him, the shoulder shot hit the main heavy bone and the bullet over expanded and did not penetrate the ribs.
I told my friend to buy a set of dies so that I can load him some 140 partitions for elk under 350 yards.
Pretty impressed with the Creed though, his dad dropped a cow elk and a muley at 250 yards this season, both died on the spot.
My friend just took his muley at 380 yards with the same result.
I've been trying to talk him into letting me build him a custom 7mm, but with 4 kills on the new Creed I don't think he's interested...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.