30 Nosler

ddgo

We have built a couple of 30 Nosler had PTG make our reamer with the bore Ryder throat. Shooting 210 ABLR. Has anyone else been playing with this

I had ordered them thru the store I work at several months ago. Have not been able to find anymore lately. You ca FB our store and stay in touch. There should be some showing up soon. They make bullets in rotation and it's been a while since they made any
Store is
Wesley Watson Sporting Goods
Early Texas
Side note: we are the oldest gun store in America since 1876

What are the numbers (velocity, energy, etc.) on the 30 nosler? Have you tinkered with a 7mm nolser or a 338 nosler? I feel like there is potential with the case design that can offer some creativity. Thanks for sharing! gun)

I have a 26 Nosler. Helped a buddy of mine tune a 28 nosler. And have had the 30 Nosler for about 4 months.
28 nosler
28" Kreiger barrel
168 vlds
Retumbo
3290 fps

26 nosler
28.5" Bartline
140 vlds
Retumbo
3397 fps

30 nosler
28.5" Benchmark barrel
210 ablr's
Retumbo
3050 fps
All 3 guns shoot in the .2's
My guess the 28 is the best compromise unless you shooting something really big
We have shot all these guns to 1300+ yds

Yes, I have been through a whole cycle of testing 277/26-Nosler now know as the 27-Nosler, 284/26-Nosler now known as the 28-Nosler, 308/26-Nosler now known as the 30-Nosler and 338/26-Nosler now known as the 33-Nosler.

I don't remember what I ran 210 VLDs at but that's about right.

We had PTG (Dave Kiff) make the reamers with the Bore Rider Throat. And I really like that. We have several reamers with that throat and will have more.

We had PTG (Dave Kiff) make the reamers with the Bore Rider Throat. And I really like that. We have several reamers with that throat and will have more.

What is a Bore Rider throat? This ia the first I've hear of it. What is your COAL your version of the 30 Nosler? I asume it is a s standard 30 Nosler with the Rider Throat you mentioned?

Bruce

Bore Ryder throat is shallow rifleings for approx .600
This allows you to shoot more powder and get more vol. also reduces the heat of the second burn from 3400 degrees to 1800 degrees.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.