30 Nosler vs 300WM vs 300PRC

My priorities are namely-
Enough downrange velocity/energy for elk up to 800 yds
Capability of repeatable shooting for fun at 1k+ yds
Availability of all reloading components to crank out more than enough rounds than I have time to shoot.
The last one is becoming more important these days unfortunately.
First and foremost this will be my new long range elk gun. I have no desire or need (yet) to be able to take an elk at 1k+

300WM will handle those requirements solidly.

I had the same debate recently and decided on the 300 NMI as the Lapua bolt face wasn't an issue since it was a new rifle and 230's at an easy 3000 fps was my goal.

If I was using a standard magnum action I already had it's hard to beat the 30-28 Nosler. If one was building a rifle I would seriously consider a properly throated 300 WM which gives up virtually nothing to the 300 prc or Nosler though in factory rifles the PRC does have some well known advantages for VLD bullets.

I had the same debate recently and decided on the 300 NMI as the Lapua bolt face wasn't an issue since it was a new rifle. If I was using a standard magnum action I already had it's hard to beat the 30-28 Nosler. If one was building I would build a properly throated 300 WM which gives up nothing to the 300 prc though in factory rifles the PRC does have some well known advantages for VLD bullets.
Not to get the thread to far off topic, but does someone carry those 300NM IMP dies or did you have them made?

Not to get the thread to far off topic, but does someone carry those 300NM IMP dies or did you have them made?
The rifle I bought came with custom dies made on Newton blanks off the same reamer as the rifle.

Due to the varied NMI reamers out there it is important to have the dies that match the actual reamer to avoid clickers. Luckily most of the major NMI gunsmiths are hip to this and either have dies made to their specs or ream Newton blanks so that the brass gets properly sized.

For example, last I knew Alex Wheeler had Hornady make his dies, Ryan Pierce has custom dies from Bullet Central and Dallas Lane was reaming his own blanks. That all could have changed though.

The rifle I bought came with custom dies made on Newton blanks off the same reamer as the rifle.

Due to the varied NMI reamers out there it is important to have the dies that match the actually reamer to avoid clickers. Luckily most of the major NMI gunsmiths are hip to this and either have dies made to their specs or ream Newton blanks so that the brass gets properly sized.

Good info. Thank you

Depending on the source, the .300 RUM has 110 H2O, and the .30-378 WBTY has 133 H2O. Did you mean 215 Berger instead of 245 Berger?
With a 50/50 mix of water and isopropyl alcohol, my fireformed RUM brass has 114g of that mix.
I don't see it getting much over 3000fps with a 245g, even with the 4" box and longer seating depth. The 215g should surpass 3100fps with ease.
This is the way I have gone with all of my RUM based builds. My Edge was a great shooter, but it just wasn't fast enough.
The 300 RUM I have is peculiar, it gets an average of 3385fps with 165g TTSX, but the 180g TTSX only got 3080fps, supposed to be 3250fps.
If you can get 3000fps from a 245g in a SAUM based cartridge, then I'm gonna give this all up.
2 weekends ago, I ran my fireformed Winchester brass with 180g Accubonds and 81g of RE25, WLRM primers over the chrono. Average velocity was 3240fps, the barrel has just sped up, so I was expecting an increase, it went from 3160fps average.
Primers were a little flatter than normal, however, the same brass, pills and primer with H1000 showed a 40fps increase….does anyone else find this fascinating?

Cheers.

You guessed it...can't decide what my next .30 cal magnum should be. Trying to consider everything as a whole as far as velocity, energy, brass availability, reloading sensitivity, etc. I'm also tossing around other 30 magnums but I keep coming back to these three. Any recommendations or thoughts?

Hard to go wrong with any of them. I like the PRC cartridge design better than the others but proper action length and gunsmithing you're looking at splitting hairs. Like others have already mentioned 300WM brass, dies, and ammo are more available than the other two options.