30 NOSLER OR 300 PRC

I bought enough brass to last the life of the barrel for the last two rifles I built. I bought the brass FIRST.

I waited a year to get quality brass for my PRC. I was on the ADG waiting list for nearly the whole time but they never contacted me even when they did production runs. I waited on two list for Lapua 6.5 brass, one was paid for in advance. It took about 6-7 months but both companies sent me 200 rounds within one week of each other. I really don't need 400 rounds of 6.5 PRC brass at the moment so I just ordered another Bartlein carbon barrel so I've got something to do with it. LOL
I totally agree. I did purchase 100 rounds of adg brass for my saum so enough to get started but not near enough. It'll last me the next year or so but it's just irritating that I can't buy it in a timely manner. I do have some 6.5 prc brass so maybe it's time to grab a barrel?? Plus it's coming in down the pipeline pretty regularly. 7 saum brass is a joke. I feel the 7 prc will kill any chance of lapua or Peterson picking up 7 saum production also.

I totally agree. I did purchase 100 rounds of adg brass for my saum so enough to get started but not near enough. It'll last me the next year or so but it's just irritating that I can't buy it in a timely manner. I do have some 6.5 prc brass so maybe it's time to grab a barrel?? Plus it's coming in down the pipeline pretty regularly. 7 saum brass is a joke. I feel the 7 prc will kill any chance of lapua or Peterson picking up 7 saum production also.
Don't feel bad. One of my favorite custom hunting rifles was built for the 7WSM. To this day, I don't believe that anyone makes high quality brass for it. I'm still using fully prepped Win brass and it does shoot but a few boxes of Lapua, ADG, Atlas, Norma or Peterson sure would be nice.

I did rework some 300WSM brass but it's a PITA.

Don't feel bad. One of my favorite custom hunting rifles was built for the 7WSM. To this day, I don't believe that anyone makes high quality brass for it. I'm still using fully prepped Win brass and it does shoot but a few boxes of Lapua, ADG, Atlas, Norma or Peterson sure would be nice.

I did rework some 300WSM brass but it's a PITA.
Hornady is making brass for the 7WSM now. It's actually the best I've found for it and I've had great results with it. I spent a lot of time prepping it and annealed all of it but it's very consistent.

Hornady is making brass for the 7WSM now. It's actually the best I've found for it and I've had great results with it. I spent a lot of time prepping it and annealed all of it but it's very consistent.
I found Hornady 7WSM to be good other than it would not handle as much pressure as Winchester. But I agree, I think the Hornady is more uniform.

NEITHER OF THESE FLY BY NIGHTERS, a plain Jane ho-hum. 300 win mag will handle it all with no anxiety over the test of time...comparatively speaking
Yes indeed!
Both the Nosler and PRC have a better designed case and if I started from scratch I would likely buy the PRC.
But if you have a very good 300WM, it doesn't matter really. I have seen lengthy comparisons of the PRC vs 300WM and 300Nos vs 300WM, they are both faster but not by much if all are throated for best performance and with same length barrel. The difference grows a little if you go with bullets of 220 gr. or more.

I am very fond of my 300WM Sendero, it's not for sale but if I decide to have 2 300mags I will likely go PRC.
And I feel more certain about the future of the PRC vs the Nos.

Yes indeed!
Both the Nosler and PRC have a better designed case and if I started from scratch I would likely buy the PRC.
But if you have a very good 300WM, it doesn't matter really. I have seen lengthy comparisons of the PRC vs 300WM and 300Nos vs 300WM, they are both faster but not by much if all are throated for best performance and with same length barrel. The difference grows a little if you go with bullets of 220 gr. or more.

I am very fond of my 300WM Sendero, it's not for sale but if I decide to have 2 300mags I will likely go PRC.
And I feel more certain about the future of the PRC vs the Nos.
Having the 300WM, I'm still building the 30SM. The 300WM does everything the SM can do pretty much but I love the PRC improved design and it gets me that few extra feet per second I need without standing hard on loads. Throated for the 245s, I can push it and still get close to 2950 with 245s if I need too. My barrel is 26" so it's a bit short for full performance of the cartridge

Having the 300WM, I'm still building the 30SM. The 300WM does everything the SM can do pretty much but I love the PRC improved design and it gets me that few extra feet per second I need without standing hard on loads. Throated for the 245s, I can push it and still get close to 2950 with 245s if I need too. My barrel is 26" so it's a bit short for full performance of the cartridge
Don't rule out RL33 with the 245s.

Appreciate the tip but it's most likely I'll stick with 212-230s in my rifle. No reason to go into the 245s for me. I'd probably opt for my 338 improved with 285-300s if the need arose.
Yeah this makes sense…for my own 30 cal shooting I stop at the 225 eld m. There are heavier pills but none of them meaningfully, if at all, surpass it for bc and while hornady isn't always the king of consistency I've never had an issue with these particular projectiles and the open up pretty much gauranteed (the tip and the hollow point below it is way bigger than the 208 amax/eld m). For a frangible long range 30 cal this is the one to beat for me and so far nothing does. Until I get a bad lot or something….

Yeah now that Peterson is making brass for cartridges like .300 wby it changes the game. The old kings are reclaiming their place at the top of the performance ladder. If Peterson starts making .30-378 brass that'd be wicked.
Can always bite the bullet and go rcc which is better than Peterson and adg. More reloads, higher pressures & velocity and less brass prep sizing.
A lot of elr guys running big bore 416 barret ect are running because it's that good. Just expensive and a year wait.
I typically only do rcc if Peterson or adg doesn't.
338-378 rcc has it back at the best 338. Taking reloads into account it's actually not much money than nosler and Peterson is a better deal than the cheaper brass also when taking reloads into account

It may be faster. That's not better by any means. More efficient, maybe by a very small percentage. The 3.34 is a huge handicap and was a mistake. I handload but that doesn't matter if I wanna go buy a box of factory in a pinch. They're both good and an elk at 1k isn't going to look at you and say if only you were using the other. I do like the nosler and brass seems fairly attainable. I just did a 7 saum and I probably never will build another cartridge that's hard to get brass for. It's dumb lol
I hate the 3.34 solely because the facory rifle mag box is small outside of that even with factory reamer i load 3.6-3.7 and rifle shoots lights out without throating it. I considered a .2 on the 30 & 27 but haven't needed to yet