30 Nosler on the way

c-ne-elk

Read in Eastmans Outdoors where Guy Eastman was testing a 30 Nosler. Nosler is supposed to introduce at the shot show in 2016. Sounds interesting. Has anyone else heard about this?

Yes. SAMMI spec is out. Reamers are available from PTG and maybe others. I have the PTG print/spec/spreadsheet and the SAMMI is online.

I chose to build mine as a 308/26-Nosler but it's actually a 30-Nosler reamer run in a little farther.

I had an email conversation with the Nosler ballistician and marketing. They had to lawyer down the cartridge. It's shorter than the 26. The 27 will be different length as well. So will the 33 (338).

Also stated "commited to the 3.4" COAL with the most common Nosler bullets.

We've seen this before in the 338 RUM vs 7mm, 300, 375 RUMs.

It should still have about 10 grains more than a 300WM and about 5 more than a 300Wby in a shorter package.

I have plans to rebarrel the 308/26-Nosler with a 9twist Proof barrel with the hope of launching 200grain solids at respectible speeds for +600 yard hunting.

Will I make it by November 1?

Hmmm.....

Just there's already plenty of 30cal offerings out there, I get wanting to come out with their own just seems they be almost replicating the same performance of another existing cartige. I just think a 27 nosler would have been something more appreciated! But hey, to each their own.

Just there's already plenty of 30cal offerings out there, I get wanting to come out with their own just seems they be almost replicating the same performance of another existing cartige. I just think a 27 nosler would have been something more appreciated! But hey, to each their own.
The SAMMI spec for the 27 Nosler is done as well.

My rifle has been done for quite a while.

I sent 115grain CEB Copper Raptors at ~4000fps from a 24" barrel. Didn't check accuracy just working up loads so "we" have an idea of what it can do.

As a 270 cal it's silly fast.

I have no interest in the 26-Nosler but I have made:
277/26-Nosler it is not the same as a 27-Nosler
284/26-Nosler this is the same as a 28 Nosler
308/26-Nosler, not the same as a 30-Nosler
338/26-Nosler, you guessed it, not the same as a 33-Nosler (yes it's coming too)
There should be a 35-Nosler (358) and maybe even a 37 that could have a little more punch than a 375 Ruger.

I may make more "wildcats" of the 26-Nosler. I really like the format. Easy to put 4000+ foot pounds of energy at the muzzle in most of the calibers I've tried.

IMO, the xx-Nosler is a little more "sensible" than a 300 RUM but I have at least 2 of those as well as a 338 Edge. 300 WSM and 2 or 3 300 Wbys.

Each 30 cal has different characteristics. From the 30-30 to the RUM, all different. There's plenty of room in this world for different or as you say to each his own.

It's not anything like the other big 30's though. It shoots as fast or faster than most fitting in a standard length action. Fairly revolutionary.

Same goes for all the other Nosler rounds.

Fred
Last year I had a 28 Nosler built. This year I want to build a 308/26 Nosler. I looked at the 30 Nosler SAAMI version but want the same shoulder as the 28. Can you send me the drawing from your version? I would also appreciate you load data? What is your COAL with what bullet?

On my 28, my COAL is 3.568" with 180 Berger VLDs. This allows seating the bullets out far enough to take advantage of all the case space. I'm hoping your version of the 30 Nosler allows similar with the 30 and the new Hornady 212 ELD-X.

Bruce Pooley

Morning all
I can help with this thread. I am Jason M and I actually wrote the article about the rifle that I own. To my knowledge, I am the first person outside of Nosler to run the rifle and the caliber.
I had it made to my specs and also helped Nosler develop some of the load data. Feel free to ask away!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.