30 nosler chamber size

M71DLX

I sent my gunsmith some factory Nosler 210 ablr ammo to size the chamber off of. Nosler seats the 210 ablr's so deeply in the case that it uses up a lot of powder space. We decided to increase the coal to where the base of the bullet is now at the shoulder. Has anyone else run into this situation? (Bat action), thanks for answering.

The SAAMI spec chamber allows seating a 215 Berger with the boat tail junction at the neck shoulder junction and just kissing the lands. The same chamber would have a large jump with factory ammo. What bullet are you wanting to run?

I wanted to try shooting the Berger 210 VLD or the Nosler 210 ABLR. The mag well can handle ultra mag cases. 30 Nosler 210 ABLR from the factory have a coal of 3.325. My gunsmith set the chamber up to handle 210 ABLR at 3.545. If you have done something similiar what powder and how many grains are you using? MV?

Nosler Bullets have never been and never will be on my radar. The 215 Bergers are well documented to outperform the 210s. One of my 30s I ran retumbo79-83 grains. The other n570 80-85. Obviously start low and work up.

Thanks I'll go with the 215's, I have Retumbo but not n570. What kind of accuracy are you getting with these powders?

Several <.25moa groups with the Retumbo but it does not seem to be as stable as N570. The N570 is <.5 but more consistent. If I were starting over I would try H1000.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.