30 Hart ballistics

ramcat

I was recently lucky enough to acquire a Hart rifle. It's a 30 Hart on a Remington 700 mountain rifle action. Stainless, with a Hart brake and an HS Precision stock. Along with the dies and scope, I also got 45 loaded rounds. The chart that came with the ammo shows 2" high at 100 yards, 1.5" high at 200, and dead on at 300 yards. I shot it yesterday and confirmed 2" high at 100 yds. Can anyone help with drop out to 1000 yards? I'm going on a moose hunt next week and don't have any time to stretch it out.

The load is a 180 gr Nosler ballistic tip over 89gr of Reloader 22. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
ramcat

"Be good, and you will be lonesome."

If you are going on a Moose hunt next week, and don't have time to verify your drops, then you have no business shooting at an animal at 1000 yards....

I'll be happy to help you with your drop chart as I have a .30 Hart and I'm familiar with it's ballistics... Send me a PM with a phone number and I'll call you to discuss.

Mifflin Co range is in your backyard, why not get there this week and shoot it out to 1K to verify the info that I will give you...

If you are going on a Moose hunt next week, and don't have time to verify your drops, then you have no business shooting at an animal at 1000 yards....

I'll be happy to help you with your drop chart as I have a .30 Hart and I'm familiar with it's ballistics... Send me a PM with a phone number and I'll call you to discuss.

Mifflin Co range is in your backyard, why not get there this week and shoot it out to 1K to verify the info that I will give you...

Old thread but the response does NOT get any simpler.

Hate when guys take long pot shots on game with zero idea of where bullet impact will be at that range, sighting in at 1-200 yards and dialing in on far off targets is one thing but should never be attempted on game without confirming with live fire practice on targets and setting up a known drop chart, you never know when you have eyes on you like in the complaint on this FB group in Alaska the other day

makes long range hunters look like slobs

DB97DFFA-BC91-4D5C-B893-2CB72745E50A.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.