.30 Gibbs

What bullet (i.e., 180g Nosler Accubond) did you ask them to load for you?
We haven't talked that over yet. He hasn't started working on the rifle...it's in the safe, for now. We will have that conversation at a later date when he will ask me what I want to do. Shoot holes in paper, hunt a certain kind of game, etc.
You have a .30 Gibbis...right? Do you have any input?
I definitely would like to hunt white tail or muleys. This is not the kind of gun you abuse, and I have lots of other guns but I would like to use it to hunt...at least once.

We haven't talked that over yet. He hasn't started working on the rifle...it's in the safe, for now. We will have that conversation at a later date when he will ask me what I want to do. Shoot holes in paper, hunt a certain kind of game, etc.
You have a .30 Gibbis...right? Do you have any input?
I definitely would like to hunt white tail or muleys. This is not the kind of gun you abuse, and I have lots of other guns but I would like to use it to hunt...at least once.
Yes, I have a .30 Gibbs. I am the same guy that was trying to help you on this thread and via PM. How you choose to use your rifle is up to you, regardless of the rifle's quality. But it would help if you decided the load for them to develop for you (for your intended purpose) unless you let him decide. I have a different purpose for my .30 Gibbs than yours, as well as different bullet preferences. What works for me might not necessarily work for you. As a reloader, I have plenty of choices, but Berger is my primary choice of bullet.

Is this rifle really chambered in .30 Gibbs?
I have to take the gun smith's word. Just got it last night and haven't taken it down. Smith said it was stamped on the barrel.
Jess Briley Manufacturer in Houston
I guess it is not .30 Gibbs after all >>> https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/30-gibbs-is-finally-ready.242088/page-15

Sorry, but you have been misled/lied to. I do not care how good the rifle looks. :mad:

I hope that we all learn from your experience, and you can finally move on from here on forward.

Last edited:
I would like to hear from others to see if everyone agrees.
Please, other people on this forum, let me know if you agree with Feenix. I have been bamboozeled and am a complete idiot.

Please, other people on this forum, let me know if you agree with Feenix.
I agree with Feenix in that you have been misled and/or outright lied to. You seem to be 'ecstatic' that it's a 30-06, though. 🤔 I sure wouldn't be according to the details of your thread...
3B3B5B57-BA4A-4946-AFEB-9B2F320C9656.jpeg

Please, other people on this forum, let me know if you agree with Feenix. I have been bamboozeled and am a complete idiot.
Like others, if you look at your own thread here, my .30 Gibbs thread, and your PMs to me, I was genuinely trying to help you. Have fun with your .30-06, and happy safe shooting/hunting.

I would say if the rifle was sold as a Gibbs but is chambered as straight 30-06 then you did not get the rifle as advertised. The extra cost incurred of 30 Gibbs brass pretty much reinforces my statement.

That being said if you are happy with the rifle as a 30-06 then so be it. Chalk it up as a lesson learned and either keep the 30 Gibbs dies and brass or sell them on the open market. It wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened. And it won't be the last. Sometimes "mistakes" can be gems in disguise.