.30 GIBBS is finally ready ...

"IF" you do NOT know why and OK with your rifle's whirlwind tour, a .30 Gibbs dies and brass that you no longer need, then press on. I also thought "I" made myself clear on the note to respond to your original post link. I guess NOT. This is all the oxygen I can spare at the moment. Cheers!
You give Folks books to read and all they do is look at the pictures ;)

I only worked up loads with H414 and 150 and 180 grain bullets because I have a bunch of Remington bullets I bought many years ago when Midway USA sold them in bulk - cheap. I wouldn't use any faster burning powders. If you can't find H414, W760 is a direct replacement. Superformance might be a good candidate. My loads with H414 just about filled the case.

Well have u had time to do load development? I'm in the process of making brass and am getting ready to start load development with 150-168 bullets I'd be interested in what u got

the 30gibbs is an excellant round fully = to the 308 norma. it has a 35% sholder and your photos of necking up to 338 then back down to .308 to fit tightly in chamber to fire form.. If you have your case to streach about a 1/4 inch in front of the base and it happened with my 35 gibbs- all yo need to do is use 280 remington brass or 270win. but you will need to still neck up to 338 and fireform.. you see the 64 mm case really helps to give you the added length 64 mm instead of 63 mm for the case being shortenen in the fire forming step.. now you can use the powders a bit faster than the magnum cases and get magnum velocites I expect R 19 and imr 4831 which are about the same burning rate to be execelland and of course the ole 4350 will do fine.. if no data just add 7% to the 30/06 loads and you will be good.

congradulations on you having a gibbs wildcat rifle they are very good.. look like the 35 whelen brass is working great. bullets I use serria gamekings and I am sure theer ARE no bullet made that will give you the BC and dependable they have at a reasonable cost. for white tails I love speer bullets. for Elk and moose I like the serria gamekings. and for a griz I shoot nosler pat or .049 barns originals. also the old remington cor-locks will equels any bullet made I don't use because of supply. I also thinK the nosler accubonds are great. i AM SURE THE NEW BARNS COPPERS ARE GREAT BUT i JUST DO NOT TRUST THEM BECAUSE OF USING THE OLD REM BRONSE POINTS AND THEY FAILED ON DEER.

Don't want to hijack anybody's thread but has anyone tried a load with Reloader 23 and a 165 grain Nosler Accubond.? I am reaching for the 3100 FPS range, and 64 grains of Reloader 22 only gets me to 3050 plus or minus 15. i would really appreciate your comments. If this is the wrong forum please let me know and I will or the moderator (maybe) ,move it.
Barrel is 28 inch Preferred SS barrel on a Savage long action. Boyd stock, bedded and free floated, with a Timeny trigger.

Thanks