30 caliber

I need a 338 headhunter setup. Pro, ya need (I want you to) to step on the gas and get us more info, dies, and reamers!

Just so you all know .....

This is NOT a for profit venture of any sort ...
Yes, I have personally paid out of pocket for all the expenses to design and manufacture the reamers and brass.... dies are custom made for me via using resize reamers as I've had done in the past for my 375 Mercenary, 400 Warlord and other projects, will have a more stable means of die production soon

my reward is having brass made for my personal cartridges bearing the cartridge name and not having to do any case forming with dies or live fire forming .....

I spend so much money on guns & gizmos annually and thought I was insane for not investing in the one component that makes it all work ..... might as well have the correct name on the case head

now I have a bunch of it in my possession and will release it to interested shooters as well, Guys who want the Razor or Headhunter brass can order directly from the mfg in 50 pc min quantities without having to ask anyone for permission or pay any additional markups

I got my thrill and now you can to

To backtrack a bit ....
These cartridges are a direct result from the numerous complaints aired on this forum and a number of others since 2011 when several of us started mangling Jimmie Sloan's 338 Norma Mag brass into various necked up/down "improved" versions, The end results were worthy of the efforts we put into them and now see a plethora of NM "Improved" cartridges offered by gunsmiths in the shooting arena from hunting to competition all over the country, Guess we were on to something valid ... the Improved versions offered a bit more velocity, accuracy was glorious at these bumped up speeds and how many of you have seen SD's of 2 at unheard of + FPS with 215 Berger or 212 Hornady bullets ?
We were able to match and exceed velocities of the 300 RUM & 338 Edge in a case only 2.5" long that fed those same bullets from a detachable 5 round magazine, Pretty awesome feat, don't ya think ?

I personally had built nearly a dozen Remington 700 based rifles with multiple barrels for each over the years in several different versions, from the PRO versions to the LRH and then the SKULDRYL design as the best proofed design to offer the most blood out of the 338 Norma Mag case ....

EXCEPT ....... The same nagging doubts kept being brought up every time the Rem 700 action was used in the same sentence with a NM Improved build ....

1. case diameter to big for Rem700 tennon strength
2. Bolt face required alterations & weakened the Rem700 bolt face
3. too much removal of metal in the Rem700 action to make cartridge fit and feed properly, raising concerns of compromising the strength of the action
4. You should only build on expensive custom actions

Do I agree with those complaints/issues ? Not entirely as I've never experienced failures of any sort due to those concerns...

BUT there is merit in those issues and agree that a product offered up for public use should be without potential hidden hazards and shooters need to know they are safe using the product ... That's the bottom line and final word

I felt compelled in solving the issues presented and the Razor design eliminates those concerns 100% for use in Remington 700 and Winchester 70 long actions while retaining the capacity we got used to having in the NM Improved and RUM cases

It meant designing a case from scratch that will nudge the max potential of the Rem700 action without stepping over the safety threshold as we have done with the 338 Lapua and 338 Norma case diameter

More info soon

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.