30 cal 215 gr berger hybrid

Most of my groups were .7 to 1.3 at 100 yards. When I started moving it back I was amazed. Beyond 200 It started printing less than .7 moa.
Yes I am extremely happy with my groups. I can't wait to get back out and shoot even farther.
My brother kept saying ,"that's amazing" every time I hit the 8.5x11 target at 1000 He now is changing bullets. he was shooting the 200 Nosler AB. It took me 5 rounds in his gun to hit the target, After I knew the dope. The Bergers are far more consistent and better bc. Thanks again for sharing the knowledge, I now have a new hobby

Ran all my numbers and looks like my velocity is 3058 fps. I was wondering how much elevation changes during my testing would effect my #s. The reason is I had to change positions several times to get the yardage I needed to shoot. 8,9,and 1000 was prob close to 500 foot change 'HIGHER". I shoot on forest service land and shoot like I would if I was hunting. It takes a lot longer but I get more confidence doing it that way.

Ran all my numbers and looks like my velocity is 3058 fps. I was wondering how much elevation changes during my testing would effect my #s. The reason is I had to change positions several times to get the yardage I needed to shoot. 8,9,and 1000 was prob close to 500 foot change 'HIGHER". I shoot on forest service land and shoot like I would if I was hunting. It takes a lot longer but I get more confidence doing it that way.
500' isn't going to make much difference at all unless it changes your shooting angle dramatically as well.

Plug the elevation change into any ballistics program you have and you'll see the difference is negligible except perhaps if you are already above 10,000ft and even then I doubt it's going to show as making any real difference.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.