30 cal 155 TMK for hunting whitetail deer

Any updated or additional reviews on the 155 TMK? Just bought some for a 308, hoping to shoot deer, elk, black bears and moose with it.

Any updated or additional reviews on the 155 TMK? Just bought some for a 308, hoping to shoot deer, elk, black bears and moose with it.
Personally I would NOT shoot an elk or a moose with a 155 TMK. They are very frangible and there's not much mass there. I had to shoot a bull moose with a 155 AMAX (the TMK and AMAX are twins except for their form factor) which was never the plan but my buddy wounded a bull and I had to finish it. It wasn't pretty at all. They fragment on dall sheep and offer minimal penetration.

Personally I would NOT shoot an elk or a moose with a 155 TMK. They are very frangible and there's not much mass there. I had to shoot a bull moose with a 155 AMAX (the TMK and AMAX are twins except for their form factor) which was never the plan but my buddy wounded a bull and I had to finish it. It wasn't pretty at all. They fragment on dall sheep and offer minimal penetration.
So the Amax/ELDM is my primary hunting bullet for elk right now, has been for almost a decade. I shoot the 147 eldm out of a 6.5 PRC currently and it has done really well on elk deer and bears. If bullet performance is similar or the same, I can live with that.

So the Amax/ELDM is my primary hunting bullet for elk right now, has been for almost a decade. I shoot the 147 eldm out of a 6.5 PRC currently and it has done really well on elk deer and bears. If bullet performance is similar or the same, I can live with that.
I've had the 155 AMAX hold up better than the TMK. Key words in the last sentence in my post: "They fragment on dall sheep and offer little penetration." Yes the rest of my post is poorly written. Both the 155 AMAX and 155 TMK are twins in the sense that they have the same sectional density and are of lighter duty construction. You can hear what you want to hear but I think you'll be very disappointed in the 155 TMK on elk and moose. ELDMs have held up better than the TMKs for me as well. Just like the AMAX.

I've had the 155 AMAX hold up better than the TMK. Key words in the last sentence in my post: "They fragment on dall sheep and offer little penetration." Yes the rest of my post is poorly written. Both the 155 AMAX and 155 TMK are twins in the sense that they have the same sectional density and are of lighter duty construction. You can hear what you want to hear but I think you'll be very disappointed in the 155 TMK on elk and moose. ELDMs have held up better than the TMKs for me as well. Just like the AMAX.
Thats a bummer. I've seen a lot of positive reviews for the 168 and 175 and the terminal performance looks really good with the 168's and the 175's as well. I was hoping the 155 would have similar performance. BC is great and you can push them a little faster.

Thats a bummer. I've seen a lot of positive reviews and the terminal performance looks really good with the 168's and the 175's. I was hoping the 155 would have similar performance.
I might give the 175 TMK a try on something like a cow elk but I wouldn't test them on a premium hunt. The 175 has more material and higher SD. I'd have more confidence there than the 155. The advantage the 308 has here is medium velocities. Out of a 300 win they would fragment even worse.