30 belted newton

Akredneck

Hi all, just picked up a 1917 with 30 "B" Newton, Bill Wilkins barrel with a weaver k2.5x scope and stith bases and rings. I am trying to get more info on this cartridge. I am told I can use 308 Norma brass or 30-338 brass to form fire. Does anyone have any info on this cartridge or help with finding reloading components. Thanks scott

Hi all, just picked up a 1917 with 30 "B" Newton, Bill Wilkins barrel with a weaver k2.5x scope and stith bases and rings. I am trying to get more info on this cartridge. I am told I can use 308 Norma brass or 30-338 brass to form fire. Does anyone have any info on this cartridge or help with finding reloading components. Thanks scott
Welcome to LRH and enjoy it! You are correct.

Ed

The easiest method is to size down 338WM brass to 30 cal. Pretty sure RCBS do dies for the Newton.

Cheers.

RCBS doesn't make them that I can find. Huntington die specialties listed them as of 2013 but who knows if they still make them. RCBS isn't the company it once was. I tried to get a set of 250AI dies from them and they wouldn't even discuss it. C4D makes 30 newton dies but I don't think its the belted variety. I checked redding and they aren't on their list either. I suggest a custom set of dies may be the only way.

Just use 308 Norma dies and size 338Win brass down or use 308 Norma brass and trim to Newton length. Its a fairly straight forward process, and a very efficient and effective cartridge. Lots of guys used the 30-338 (30 B Newton) for 1,000 BR.