.30-.378wtby fans

tnhunter211984

OK fellas lets try to keep this one clean lol.. i had got on here for some bullet info and i thank all of ya'll for ya'lls info. a friend of mine and myself have been working on some loads the last week. All i got to say is i love my .30-.378wtby. I can't complain about it!!!! yea its a lil over kill for deer but like someone stated on here before dead is dead!!! Right now i'm shooting the gs hv custom 160gr a friend gave me 175gr berger and the 180gr swift scirocco all of them are working out great. i did account fer a yot yesterday morning with the gs and wow what a back flip lol.. my rifle is a factory weatherby mark v accumark set up with a burris 6.5-20X50 E1 scope and a caldwell pivoting bipod.

Why such light bullets in the big 30-378? I would be shooting 200+ gr bullets in that. I have had several 30-378's and thats were they really shine. 230 gr berger is a awesome choice for this round.

I have been on the fence about one of these for a LONG time now. I am with you on the lighter bullets. some like big and slow, others like speed. Personally I would like to shoot the 160gr. you talked about and rip em out as fast as they could go. I would maybe even go lighter. I realize this is a long range forum but if you can build a lazerbeam out to 500yrds, how can you lose?

My dad built a 220 grain hollow pint for the 30-378 and that bastard shot like a laser in my opinion if I was going to get a 30-378 I would like something with a minimum of a 30 inch barrel I remember if it was a little dark out and he shot flames would come out the end of the barrel for 10 feet hahaha lots of wasted powder there:D

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts