30-378 acurate loads

pieplate

I have owned a 30-378 for 10yrs and have killed a lot of thinks with it but i havent used it to its full intent for long range i would like to shoot 180s could some one help me out.

Fed 215 primers and 111gr Retumbo with either Hornady 180 IB or 180 Barnes TSX both are just over 3400 fps with a 26" barrel and both loads drive tacks with my factory MK V.

James

Where did you start for your seating depth? Magazine length or specs in loading manual for oal?

Thanks,

Steve

If you want to shoot long range for that caliber use a bullet that will take advantage of its powder capacity, otherwise you may as well have a 300 WBY.

Start at 210 grs and more. I shoot 240 SMK's in my 30-378, 210 Berger's in my 300 WBY.

Start at around .030 off the lands and fine tune for accuracy. The Bergers will probably want to be closer.

Thank You, I'll work with the magazine length and see if I can find a seating depth and velocity the rifle likes.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts