30-378/230gr hybrids load help

cahunter805

Hey guys. Looking for any advice on powders or loads with the 230gr hybrids in 30-378. I can't find any retumbo so looking to work up a load with another powder. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

RL 33 works great in the RUM. sure it would work in your case too and it's pretty available. Don't know what you would start with since I don't know what your free bore is and how long your gonna set the 230 out.

805, try member Broz' load. Use custom search and enter "230 Berger in the 30-378?" His load is used by many members successfully.

Is agree with Dosh. Check out Broz's posts and you'll be sure to find a great load or a good start anyway. Just shot mine this morning which is a stock Accumark. 94 grains of H1000 with a 215 primer. Consistent 1/2 to 5/8 groups at 100 yards. Of course with some barrel cooling time. Broz is spot on with his advice. It saved me a lot of time working up a load. Good shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts