30-378 180 OR 200 Grain Accubonds or ?

CENTURY

Looking for feedback from anybody that has used them on elk. Have been using Lost River Ballistic bullets with good results but I am out of them and need to come up with another load. Also anyone using the Barnes LRX in the 30-378? Any and all info is greatly appreciated.

Minimum 200g bullet.

200 Accubond, 210 Berger, 215 Berger, 230 Berger, 240 SMK. That big of a case is a waste (IMHO and many others here) for true long range work if you use such small bullets.

Personally, I would work up a load with the 230 Berger. Broz here is using it in a 300 Winchester with good results. It is likely the 'goto' bullet for the big .30 cal chamberings at the moment. I'm shooting up some 210s in a 300 RUM and will go directly to the 230 Bergers. Best BC and most consistent in the class.

Not sure what your intent for your rig is, but one basic tenet of long range hunting is to use heavy for caliber, high BC bullets. The retained energy and reduced wind drift at truly long ranges way outclasses the lighter bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts