30-284?

On the neck variations dont worry about untill there shot once.

It is on once and twice fired brass that I noticed. I figured I wouldn't worry about neck turning if the difference is 1 thou or less but in some cases it's 2 thou

And I meant.... I don't want to buy neck turning tools and start doing it right now... But yea I'm going to at some point

What do you guys think about running a 6.5 rpm case into a 30-284 after necking up? You think it would be possible to set the shoulder all the way back in one go?

One other question. I talked to someone at Manson a couple weeks ago about a reamer and the prints they sent me that they had on file.

Most 30-284 reamer prints I've seen have the head diameter that is 0.200 from the base being 0.501. My dies size my fired brass down to 0.4995-0.500 at that point. To avoid an eventual clicker problem like what the 300 prc has going on, do you think I ought to have this dimension enlarged to 0.502 or 0.503 to avoid it? I plan on taking this brass to as many firings as possible, so I think it's possible I'll eventually have brass that's too hard in that area to size it below 0.501. virgin measures 0.499.

4D rentals has one with a 0.340 neck and .090 freebore. This one would barely work for no neck turn if you have Peterson 284 brass. Most of my loaded neck ODs are 0.370-0.375. but, I don't know if 0.090 freebore would be enough for the heavy bullet application. And I don't know what kind of shape that reamer is in. I'm leary about rental reamers now that I got burned by a 40 year old reamer.
My gunsmith rented the .30 Gibbs reamer from 4D without any issues.