30.06 vs 300WSM

I really like my 300 WSM Browning X-Bolt Hells Canyon Long Range. Half inch 3 round groups at 100 yds. It shoots better than I do. :)

Good point. I got to remember to check the date of the post. I forget that sometimes.
LOL These forums should take threads off after 6 months

That would be a option. BUT I would not like it. It make it hard to find the data you are looking for not to mention it would also hurt the data base of the forum.
Dang! I missed that (I must be getting old) but it is proof that it is still going strong. :cool:

yes the 300wsm is still going for sure. I used to want one. But then again why would you not want another gun?

That would be a option. BUT I would not like it. It make it hard to find the data you are looking for not to mention it would also hurt the data base of the forum.

yes the 300wsm is still going for sure. I used to want one. But then again why would you not want another gun?

At the GB Ask the Expert forum, the thread is locked after 10 responses. Sometimes goes pass that at the discretion of the Mod.

About 4 years ago, I was at the base exchange and they have a Savage 11F in .300 WSM that I got for over 50% off. Mind you, I already have 3 .300 WM ... just couldn't resist. My first and only fatty thus far.

How has that been working for them? I guess locked is one thing. Taking it off is another.

I was part of a diesel form that threads got locked after so long. A mod would open it again if asked and it was for a good reason.

At the GB Ask the Expert forum, the thread is locked after 10 responses. Sometimes goes pass that at the discretion of the Mod.

About 4 years ago, I was at the base exchange and they have a Savage 11F in .300 WSM that I got for over 50% off. Mind you, I already have 3 .300 WM ... just couldn't resist. My first and only fatty thus far.

How has that been working for them? I guess locked is one thing. Taking it off is another.

I was part of a diesel form that threads got locked after so long. A mod would open it again if asked and it was for a good reason.

It works extremely well. User can always start a new thread. If it was previously addressed most that frequents the forum will make reference to previous post. It reduce/eliminate unnecessary/irrelevant posts.

Agreed, locked makes sense, as you couldn't unknowingly revive an old thread, but you'd also keep the information available for reference.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.