30.06 varmint loads needed

oldfamily

just was wondering if any one had some loads worked up for an 06. This rifle is for a future project, planning on playing with the factory barrel for now. Need loads for groundhogs and coyotes. Don't care about burning out the barrel just need some safe accurate loads.

Sounds like 110Vmax territory to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif 175SMK will have less wind drift at the far end however. Better go dig out the 06 notebook...

I would recomend and do so my self, with any big game rifle that I chooce to shoot varmints with, I use the same bullet that I would hunt with.This gives me practice with my hunting load and no need to re-ero

It will not be an 06 for very long. Bought the rifle for the action. For big game I have my stw for that. This rifle will be just used for a short time until the new barrel gets here. Need some loads set up for the lighter 30 cal bullets, might shoot this thing for 8 weeks. Thanks oldfamily

That way you can load up and shoot to your heart's content with no fear. Good bc, good practice and cheap to boot.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.