• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

30-06 Rifle with Serengeti Chamber ($1800)

Brianc74

I'm reposting with a very low price. I bought the 260 Summit from Hunter. I'm relisting for fast sale. Price dropped to $1800 plus shipping. Parts alone come to $2020, labor and Cerakoting came to $950. So getting $1170 off from what I'm into it. It's new. Just did the Barrel breakin per Krieger recommended procedure.
Rem 700 SS LA trued, oversized cut threads with Gretan oversized recoil lug
Krieger #5 fluted, 24" finish, 1-11 twist, threaded 5/8 24. Chambered in the new 30-06 Serengeti. A bore rider concept. You could say a +P chamber or throat.
Manners MCS-T Elite Carbon Tactical stock, with Badger mini chassi, Rem bdl bottom metal
Jewell trigger
All work done by Phil at MCM Firearms along with the Cerakote. Action, barrel and bottom metal are Cerakoted.
image.jpg
Bolt is Tefloned. Willing to part out. PM offers

Last edited:
2 the top

Brian
Brian, what is the weight of this rifle? And for clarification (for me), Is the Serengeti simply a chamber that better excepts the long, slick bullets like the Berger VLDs? I'm trying to avoid custom brass scenarios. Already have a couple of those. Thanks,

Weight is 8lbs even. The 30-06 Serengeti is a bore-rider concept. It has a 2 step into the lands instead of a 1 step from the tthroat or freebore. This decreases pressure allowing for more powder to get the pressure up and allowing for increased speed of bullets. This creates a softer recoil pulse aswell. No custom brass or dies. Shoot factory ammo if you want. Buy regular 30-06 dies and brass. I'm using Lee dies and Nosler brass. During Barrel breakin. I shot a couple Berger Elite 180 bullets. Shot a 5 Shot group at 100 yards. Group measured 6/10". Velocity was 2900fps. That was a random powder charge, primer and seating depth.

Last edited:
I have one with this chamber, its a pretty nifty set up. The graduated throat allows me to pour the powder to it and gain considerable velocity. Uses factory brass and dies but with a speed upgrade like an Ackley improved round without having to reshape the shoulder. IIRC I got to 2830 or 2850 fps with 185vldh and enduron powder with zero pressure, I haven't been back to the range to see how far itll go yet.

Been asked several times if open to trades. Yes. I'm open to trades. Mainly interested in a nice pair of binos, a Spotting Scope, possibly other stuff. Just PM me with what you got.

Brian

Up again to the top. Willing to part out. PM with offers

Brian

Last edited:
Trades I would be interested in are:
Spotting Scope
Sig 2400 Rangefinder
Gunwerks BR2 or 2500

Brian

I am selling this rifle to help fund the South Africa Safari I am going on in August with Robert. Want to add 2 animals that I can go after. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

Last edited:

Recent Posts