30-06 re barrel?

Wonder what happened to my Post ??? 280AI.....4 sure - same configuration, will feed well, durn near 7mmRM performance w/less Recoil, less powder - Accurate !!! Good to 1000 — All around good Cartridge & in a pinch will digest Factory 280Remington or old 7mm. Express and fire form the cases lol

I don't enjoy shooting my 3006...why?...boring cartridge?... recoil?...trajectory?...
Will a 2506rem, 270win, or 280, 6.5 fix what's broke?..
.2506's low recoil and flat trajectory is the only significantly different cartridge from the 3006.....in your pool of choices.

I would rebarrel to 260 Rem with a 1:8 twist. Being a short action cartridge in a long action rifle you'll have lots of room in the mag for loading heavy for caliber bullets.

The 6.5x284 is my suggestion too.

I have one with a short barrel and am happy with it. The long action gives plenty of flexibility for optimal seating depth for heavier, sleeker bullets.

Your wife would enjoy shooting one of the 6 MM calibers such as the .243, 6MM Remington etc..
They will still kill deer with no problem and with no recoil to speak of.

Zeke

I started to mention 35 whelen as well. Talked to Jess this week and Finally betty ready to send him an 06!-- But I think I'm did mention something about less recoil☺

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.