30-06 re barrel?

More parameters on what you do enjoy with rifles would help. Wildcats, reloading vs factory?
I'm really up for anything, just looking for something different. i do reload so I'm open to options there. i kind of want a lighter shooting gun, maybe something easy for my wife to shoot?

25/06 or 6.5 something--- but since your a reloader a 110 grain v-max out of your 06 with a good but pad is fun to shoot! You can load a 06 with a 130 grain down to 308 level and it is Plenty for deer. But since this is LRH then a 25/06ai with a fast twist or a 6.5/06 will reach out there.

Remington 700s are everywhere and relatively cheap for factory chamberings. 308, 270, or even 7-08 can just trade for one and probably have an ok shooter. If you're doing a rebarrel, go with something a bit more unavailable to make it worth the investment of time and effort. 25/06 is nice and not on every wall like if you want quick and easy. Otherwise definely look at the 6's and 6.5's. Whatever you pick, post pictures of the build :)

Do you load your own and enjoy it? What kind of plinking? Consider ammo or bullet selection and also with a long action you could use 6mm REM, 257 Roberts 6.5X55 or 7X57 and load long bullets out of the powder space.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.