30-06 re barrel?

lefty1987

i have a remington 700 06 that i don't really enjoy shooting. ideas for a rebarrel to a different caliber?? be for deer or just for fun

lefty1987

More parameters on what you do enjoy with rifles would help. Wildcats, reloading vs factory?
I'm really up for anything, just looking for something different. i do reload so I'm open to options there. i kind of want a lighter shooting gun, maybe something easy for my wife to shoot?

C S Fever

Fast twist 270 Win or 280/280AI but the 270 has my attention lately especially with heavy bullets. Looks promising

Mustang72

25/06 or 6.5 something--- but since your a reloader a 110 grain v-max out of your 06 with a good but pad is fun to shoot! You can load a 06 with a 130 grain down to 308 level and it is Plenty for deer. But since this is LRH then a 25/06ai with a fast twist or a 6.5/06 will reach out there.

IllinoisBurt

Remington 700s are everywhere and relatively cheap for factory chamberings. 308, 270, or even 7-08 can just trade for one and probably have an ok shooter. If you're doing a rebarrel, go with something a bit more unavailable to make it worth the investment of time and effort. 25/06 is nice and not on every wall like if you want quick and easy. Otherwise definely look at the 6's and 6.5's. Whatever you pick, post pictures of the build :)

73driver

Do you load your own and enjoy it? What kind of plinking? Consider ammo or bullet selection and also with a long action you could use 6mm REM, 257 Roberts 6.5X55 or 7X57 and load long bullets out of the powder space.

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce