MariusClaudiu

Hi to all
I did found a very good charge for 30-06
Nosler BT 165 gr
VV N550
Case RWS or Cineshot - trim 2.484
Primer CCI 250
C.O.L. 3317
With a 24 barrel get 2900 fps , with a 22 barrel probably 2850 fps.
My test was with a Blaser R93 ST barrel
3 bullets in one hole .
For 650 yds very good rezults.

My intention it's to try share to others my results , to help find others also wery close node to mine.
I supose this it's the purpose of this forum.
I was inspire from other uk forum ,wich a guy did find a same result with a sako 75 hunter in same calibre , but with hornady interbond 165 gr bullet and he get 2923 fps with a 24 barrel.
His COL was 3.305 and Group Size 0.294 with 56 gr of VV N550.
Every gun it s diffrent from other.
Blaser has 1:11 twist in this calibre, sako the same.

Don't mean to get you upset but all I did was just state a fact based on my own experience in reloading the 30-06 for more than 55 years and I've never been able to achieve those velocities. I have after researching the Vihtavouri data loads they too confirm my suspicions. I find my own experience and data I have to be empirical and as I see it the data that you have printed does not make it possible to achieve those velocities. Maybe there is a misprint and it is a lighter bullet.

Don't mean to get you upset but all I did was just state a fact based on my own experience in reloading the 30-06 for more than 55 years and I've never been able to achieve those velocities. I have after researching the Vihtavouri data loads they too confirm my suspicions. I find my own experience and data I have to be empirical and as I see it the data that you have printed does not make it possible to achieve those velocities. Maybe there is a misprint and it is a lighter bullet.

I've gotten 2895 with a 165 in a 22 inch 30-06? 2850 was more accurate though.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.