30-06 LRH Bullet

I own a Remington 700 BDL 30-06. I am looking for opinions on an accurate .308 bullet that I can use for Long Range Hunting. gun)I was wanting to get a 180 gr. @ 2700.

Thanks,

Troy

Thanks for replying Stu! Nosler Ballistic Tip are great bullets. I use them for my 243, but some of the reviews I read stated the heavier grain NBT bullets would break apart on large game. A-Max is a great match bullet, but isn't recommended by Hornandy for hunting.

What have you hunted with your 165 gr.?

Mainly red deer in New Zealand. Taken deer from 8 yards out to 250 yds. No problems at all.

I would say the heavier NBT would be fine with 30/06 velocities. They might not be the best with magnum velocities.

The a-max is a great game bullet. I use the 162 a-max in my 7mm mag, at ranges further than 300 yards, and it works great. I would not hesitate to use a 308 a-max on game, but would probably use them past 200 yds.

Stu

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.