30-06 hunting bullet

ks deerhunter

I'm shooting a savage 110 in 30-06 can anybody give a suggestion as to what would be a good long range hunting bullet I'm thinking about a 178gr. A-max? Has anybody used this bullet?

The 178 A-max is a great bullet , very accurate and good expansion. Not sure what your hunting and what your calling longrange but that bullet should do well on deer out to 700yds , I've used the 308 with a 175 Sierra Match King on deer at just over 600yds with good results , I think that I would trust the A-max as a hunting bullet over the SMK.

sorry for the lack of info I was in a hurry. I'm thinking about using this bullet for whitetails, mulies and some antelope later on this year. Shooting from 200 to 1k. have a buddy who shoots a 30 wolf and he uses a 210 a-max and loves it. I understand that there is quite a diff. between the 06 and wolf though thats why I'm asking. thanks for the advice greatly appreciated.

I didn't know hornady made a 210 Amax in 30 caliber. If they do can somebody tell me where to order. I would suggest the 180gr. ballistic tip. Had great luck with them out of my ultra mag on deer and elk.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.