30-06 brass and trimming

22-250hunter

book says my brass should be 2.494 most of my brass is coming up short of that was just wondering what the deal was and what do yall trim yalls too

If my brass comes up a little to short to trim I don't worry about it. I just load it, shoot it and check it next time. If it needs trimmed next time then I will trim it. :)

If my brass comes up a little to short to trim I don't worry about it. I just load it, shoot it and check it next time. If it needs trimmed next time then I will trim it. :)

Dittoi ......
I don't worry about "too short" - I worry about "too long" :rolleyes:
I use 2.494 as a max and try to keep them under that. My new Winchester brass typicaly runs about 2.484

ok guys thanks im just starting reloading for the 30-06 iv never had this round as a target gun just my hunting gun and most of my shots are just 150 yards max sometimes 200 so i just buy a box every now and then for it lol

You need to take another look at your book or your book could be wrong. Trim to length for the 30-06 is supposed to be 2.484" 2.494" is the MAX case length.

ok i was just reading the numbers it had on all the measurements for 06 in my sierra book and thats what it showed on the case length guess iv got some trimming to do lol

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.