.30-06 and hammer bullets

The 160gr Hunters will work well for you. If I can give you some advice, start with the Hunter line of bullets first. Once you get a grasp of hand loading them, then you can try the Absolute line. Use the spreadsheet that GLTaylor has graciously spent many hours amassing and logging all of the load data from the Hammer Bullet shooters. It's a very valuable resource for everyone. You've got questions?? Just ask!! The guys on this forum are great and will gladly help you out.
Just FYI, I shoot the 162gr Absolute Hammer in my 30-06. I used to shoot the 166gr Hunter.
If you want to go further down the rabbit hole, spend some time on the Hammer Bullets website and it's forum called Hammer Time.
What are your speeds on the absolutes and barrel length/powder ? Just curious, I run my gf's '06 with 130 grain TTSX and varget(super temp stable for the 100F+ summers) at 3,320fps from a 20" that is stupid accurate but I've gotten away from the hard alloy Barnes bullets but I still have ~ 200 of them to go.

What are your speeds on the absolutes and barrel length/powder ? Just curious, I run my gf's '06 with 130 grain TTSX and varget(super temp stable for the 100F+ summers) at 3,320fps from a 20" that is stupid accurate but I've gotten away from the hard alloy Barnes bullets but I still have ~ 200 of them to go.
Velocity is 3024 fps (single digit ES) out of a stock 22" Savage barrel. It's stupid accurate, too. I'm using Benchmark powder since the Absolute line likes faster burn rates.