30-06 and 270 dust collectors?

Quarterbore

Almost any where you go you can find one of these two calibers for sale. However, gunstore owners say they are the least saught after. It seems if 30-06 is as unpopular as it as ever been. I'm hoping that dosen't happen to the 270 as well. I think both of these cartridges are outsanding big game calibers and may even be the "standard" but everybody wants somthing better today. Oh well, I guess there will be alot of bargains on these calibers.
wink.gif

As they come out with new, faster cartridges the older "standard cartridges fade out. I bet in years to come the 30-06 will be obsolete

I think alot has to do with the old timers that grew up reading Jack O'Conner, many of them now dont hunt or have died and the .270 has gone with them.

I agree with the last comment. These calibres have stood the test of time and are the great enduring cartridges. They will be around for a long time to come and will still be there when the fad cartridges have all but gone.

Perhaps the reason why so many are for say is that the critical mass of their availability is so great. There will be bound to be someone who has one for sale.

These cartridges have one thing in common they are mild by comparision to the new hot shots and can be built in light mountain rifles. Don't fooled by the hype. They take more game with serious hunters and when the numbers are finally tallied they will remain.

Magnum

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.