2nd Shot Bobcat

Double Naught Spy

This was the second night out in a row, waiting for hogs that were damaging the landowners property. I hunt there as part of his wildlife management plan.

About 11:00 pm, this bobcat showed up. She didn't respond very well to lipsqueaking and would not turn around. A nice Texas heart shot presented itself and I knew the Grendel 6.5 would penetrate sufficiently on a cat to do the job, but I pushed the shot and only managed to scare the hell out of the cat that launched herself skyward.

She returned to earth in a more traditional hunting profile and the second shot dropped her.

The landowner was pleased.

I am shooting 6.5 Grendal Hornady 123 gr. SST ammo and the scope is an Armasight Zeus 3 thermal scope.

[ame]http://youtu.be/DvGRBNia9L4[/ame]

Cool video.. That dot was hard to see. Is it that hard to see when you shoot?? Scope looked really clear. I would like to get a bobcat too.. Thanks

I use the dot reticle because it obscures less of the view. Too many of the reticles that show up in vids cover way too much of the animal.

Through the scope, things actually look closer. I should have used some zoom for the video as well, but while looking through the scope, things looked plenty close enough. There is a bit lost between the scope and then the whole recording process, upload to Youtube and then compression of the video by Youtube.

Note that there are color choices that could be used such as red, or green to go with black or white. I just prefer the white dot on a black target for maximum contrast. Red works pretty good. The lime green does not work well for me at all.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.