2nd Focal Plane

Centre Punch

Hi,
I have heard that S&B are bringing out a range of scopes with the retical in the second focal plane, i wondered how long it would take for them to cotton on.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ian.

Hi Ian,

Now who are you trying to wind up - I might be able to guess. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

One of the great things about the PMII`s is the FFP reticle - for tactical use. God knows it taken the septics long enough to cotton on.

If S&B come up with a 2FP scope I hope they do not call it a PMII. Something more fitting like BBS (Belly Benchrest Scope) would do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Will email

David.

i was in York guns last sat looking at the 25 mag pm 11
they have one in that the reticle doesn't move.(it is not for sale,it is going on test,
i would have brought one straight away but i can not stand mill dot rets.
the s & b pm 11 is the dogs danglers,and i need one.i just have to wait for them to come up with the ret i want.
COULD BE A LONG WAIT.
THANKS
COLIN

[ QUOTE ]

I have heard that S&B are bringing out a range of scopes with the retical in the second focal plane, i wondered how long it would take for them to cotton on.
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....to me, it sounds more like someone at S&B has a 'horizontal learning curve'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just chiming in here.

I have two variable power mil dot scopes. One in FFP and the other is 2ndFP.

I can't see why anyone would want a 2ndFP variable scope.

I can see no handicap from the larger w/power ret. and only disadvantages w/2ndFP ret. IF you are not using come ups but are using hold over/under which seems to work pretty well.

Some times the general American market is kind of dumb, IMO....

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.