2nd Focal Plane Scopes with BDC reticle?

jam66

When a second plane scope has a " BDC " reticle , I assume you pick a magnification at which you figure the Graduations are correct or do you have chart for each magnification number? Is it correct with a FFP , the graduations are correct at all magnification Settings?

Second plane scopes have a magnification power that works with that particular scope. For example, the Nightforce SHV 5-20 has it magnification set for 20 to work with the reticle graduations. I have 2 set powers I like to use and by using those two it makes it very easy to look at my chart and know the graduations I need.

FFP graduations are the same at all magnification settings.

FFP does not work well at all for me. Due to some minor eye problems, it's a big problem when using the FFP reticle. On the lowest power, I can not use the reticle at all since it's very hard to seeit.

I can see the SPR with ease since it's always the same size and have learned to adjust to it. I only had 2 FFP scopes and sold them both sometime ago.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.