28nos

Lahunter76

Has anyone used Norma 217 or US869?
I can't find any N570 or RL33, little concerned with the RL33 due to the hot summers and the possible cold winter difference here in Louisiana and with ppls issue with temp stability(I have personally never used) but I am willing to try lol.

US869 is not temp stable not sure of the Norma powder. I have never been able to find N570 in stock since I have owned my 28, fall of 2016, so I used RL33. I would suggest working a load in non temp stable powder in the summer, work low until you find the node that works. In TX our Winters are fairly mild compared to up North, but that summer load would be fine in winter, may just shoot a group to see what you have in velocity from the summer velocity.

I have one unopened pound of N570, I just started load development with my new 28Nos. The rifle is really built around the long Berger's but I'm a big believer in the partitions and accubonds (not the long range ones I haven't been impressed with their penetration on game) so I'm sticking with the 160 accubonds. I cant find any load data for using the N570. I am sitting on 10
# of retumbo.

Retumbo would be a good powder in the 28... Just don't run it at max ... Would still be plenty fast. Mine in a colder climate with ADG brass and 180gr VLD Huntings is 80.4 gr... This gives me around 3066fps... Have loaded higher but settled on this lower load.. Dave

I have used us869 in the 28. You will need to use 160gr and heavier bullets. With a 175 nosler partition I use 91 to 93 gr depending on the gun. WLRM primer. Start a little lower of course. Nosler lists 92 as max with a 175 at 3.34 length. Every gun I have used it in likes it.

I have 175 ABLRs and 180 Berger HVLDs, I will be loading in my 28nos once it's finished and in my fathers 7RemMag

I was hoping to get 2950-3025 with my dads 7rem Mag running RL22, ADG brass, Fed215M primers, so I would like to think the 28nos can push in the 3100s, maybe even tap 3200.....but I think N570 would be needed for that

Retumbo would be a good powder in the 28... Just don't run it at max ... Would still be plenty fast. Mine in a colder climate with ADG brass and 180gr VLD Huntings is 80.4 gr... This gives me around 3066fps... Have loaded higher but settled on this lower load.. Dave
I'm half afraid to start burning up my retumbo ha!

I have 175 ABLRs and 180 Berger HVLDs, I will be loading in my 28nos once it's finished and in my fathers 7RemMag

I was hoping to get 2950-3025 with my dads 7rem Mag running RL22, ADG brass, Fed215M primers, so I would like to think the 28nos can push in the 3100s, maybe even tap 3200.....but I think N570 would be needed for that
Unless you have a long barrel on your 7 mag I believe it is wishful thinking. But the 28 will rock. Nosler does not even show 570 in their new book but try it if you like. They show R33 and US 869 giving the best speeds.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.