28Nos nasty on steel

I know one thing,,, I ain't going to buy a bore optic since I don't want to see what's not broken,,, I'll let my friend take care of that end of things,,, Ha...

I'd hate to look down my 6.5 A-square pipe in Stainless Steel,,, I bet 10 to 1 that it's a """dog""" awful mess,,, so long as it shoots good groups I ain't touching a thing...

I'll run it hot for hunting season,,, then tap it kool for the plinking stuff,,, my other 30 caliber rifles on tame loads will last a long time,,, according to the over-bore chart...

All of us give up something if we choose to run the race track,,, that's part of putting up a good fight isn't it,,, except what it is and plow down the critters...

My Wizz Bang was set-up for hunting,,, hopefully I finish race,,, that's what really counts... Ha

That and it helps create employment for our gun smith friends...

Cheers from the North

How many rounds out of the 7STW ?
I have been shoot the STW since 1995, rebarreled one after 1500 rounds, still grouped ok but the throat was a dry lake bed.
That's about what I got out of mine. I retired the barrel, not because it wouldn't group, but because the throat was so extended, I couldn't make new brass without the shoulder collapsing.

How many rounds do you go between cleanings? The 28's are know to get carbon build up and give press spikes. A lot of people that run rl33 like to clean every 30 rounds to avoid them.
It's exactly the characterics as 7STW. But because there is Retumbo, it's burn cleaner than H5010 or old 50BMG.

When you running heavy charge weights of slow powder, this is way more cleaner. I'v still 7-8 ponds of H5010 and some old 50BMG and 10 shots was about as far as I could go in 7STW, before it turned into a long shotgun pattern (I used H1000 for 140gn-160gn bullets, which burned cleaner, but I wasn't excited about the velocities with 175gns) and that's when you broke out the solvent.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.