28ga shooters

I shoot my little Beretta SP EELL 28ga pretty much every chance I get. Dove and bobwhite quail primarily. 7.5 shot across the board.

I hunt doves, ruffed grouse, woodcock, pheasants and ducks (mostly woodies) with my Red Label. I use #8 Win AA target for everything except pheasants and ducks. Pheasant get #6 Rem express long range and ducks #4 get Hevi-shot bismuth. I've hunted with it for 3 seasons, but find that birds are just as dead as with a 12 gauge when I do my job.

Good buddy of mine uses his 28 for everything, doves liberated quail,pheasant and chukar. Runs Rio 1oz 7 for bigger birds, he's going to try out some #6 for our purchased pheasant this wkend. Runs Federal topgun 8 for clays and dove. Open chokes and inside 30yd he's flat deadly, I've killed several doves and a bunch of clays with it and it's like carrying a toy gun around even compared to my 20 O/U.

I try to limit shots within 30, but I dropped a pheasant at 40-45 yards last week with IC choke. I only shot after everyone emptied their guns. My buddies joked that I had hit it in the brain with a single pellet, but upon cleaning it, we discovered at least 12 solid hits and a broken wing.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.