285 grain hornady and the 338-378 help

jchristopherson

I just bought a box of hornady 285 gr bthp match bullets on sale figured id give them a try and see what i could make happen. I havent been able to find any load data for them in a 338-378. Has anyone tried this combo? I could use some advice on a load to try or at least a good place to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome. If you've already got an answer to your question, and are loading these up in your Weatherby, would you mind sharing here, please? I want to try the same bullet in my 338 378, and asked the same question. If you have not done it yet, and are still looking, try this under search...
"No load data for a chosen bullet, now what?" and you should get directed to the thread on this same subject that got a few answers. I am computer stupid, or I would provide the link:D Do you shoot that big bad boy much? I just got mine, and am still in the first 100 rounds, but so far, I'm loving it!! I did email hodgden, but their test rifle was down, new barrel or something. Keep me posted, would you? Good shootin
gregg

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.