284 THOR/Alaska Black Bear

What an awesome hunt! Congrats on some fine animals too. That isn't Klawack lake in the background is it?
I love POW! Lisa and I have been there many times for bear and blacktail deer. We usually fly to Ketchikan, take the ferry to Hollis and stay in either Ruthanne's in Craig or Trophy inn in Klowack. The last couple of times we rented a forest service cabin for $25 a night! It slept eight. Last November I treated Lisa, my two daughters and son to a hunt on POW and I payed less than $6000 for flights, food, ferry, car rental, cabin, four tags and two bottles of Crown Royal. Ya got ta love POW!

No that is the ocean in the background as we hunted the tidal flats mostly. k
Klawook lake is surrounded by native land.
We leave those areas alone to lessen the troubles that can arise if one hunts their land.

Awesome hunt Robert!

Looks like the Thor keeps stacking up the bodies. Going to have to get up there one of these days myself. Might have to test out the new 7mm there.

Awesome hunt Robert!

Looks like the Thor keeps stacking up the bodies. Going to have to get up there one of these days myself. Might have to test out the new 7mm there.

Your craftmanship is why the THOR is was it is. If I can do my part I know the rifle will do it's part.
Jim is in for May of 2014.
You are welcome to come along.
In fact I would consider it a insult if you didn't.:D
Let me know.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.