284 jazz??

I think 308nate(StraightShotGunsmithing) is building one right now....I too am awaiting results because I am quite intrigued by this cartridge, which should equal 7mm STW velocity out of a standard length action.

If it measures up even close to 300 Jazz it looks like it will be a winner....

I will be the first to acquire a 284 Jazz :D. Should be done about the time it warms up(March April) to do a little more shooting up here. How busy I have been here lately one of you guys might have to break her in and do load development for me. Man I haven't even got out to do any coyote hunting yet. Besides the ones I tip over off the road going to and from work. Olay I will quit whining now.

Brent

I will be the first to acquire a 284 Jazz :D. Should be done about the time it warms up(March April) to do a little more shooting up here. How busy I have been here lately one of you guys might have to break her in and do load development for me. Man I haven't even got out to do any coyote hunting yet. Besides the ones I tip over off the road going to and from work. Olay I will quit whining now.

Brent

Don't whine too much...

I live in Northern Sask.

Unless your a trapper with a trapline(which there are few and far between) you are not allowed to hunt ANY fur-bearing animal without a regular hunting season.

Up here Coyotes, Foxes, Wolves etc. are all protected.

In Southern Sask there is $20 bounty on Coyotes right now and it is open season. Foxes are fair game too. Wolves can be shot if you buy a trappers license. Trappers licenses in Southern Sask can be bought by anyone.

If I drive 4-5 hours South I can hunt.

To make a long story short I cannot hunt anything right now besides paper or steel at the range...and it is snowed in so I cannot even do that.....ARRRGG!!!

On the + side the Walleye are biting GREAT right now.....

Back to topic.

I was researching the 7mm-.375 Ruger and it appears to hold around 101 gr of water.

The .338 Norma will hold around 106 gr of water so this cartridge makes sense, only question mark is the Norma brass being soft?

I cannot wait to see the results of this build.

Speeds out of a 28 inch barrel should be pretty impressive....as well.

I wonder what barrel life will be....1000 or 1500?

The jazz is breathing fire. I just started the barrel break in so it will be a little bit but I posted a few picks and specs under gunphotos.

Brent

Corey006,

I can attest to the quality and ability of the 375R case to handle pressure.I have some off weight brass (some of the heaviest and lightest) that I used to work up to max with various bullets with my 30-375R.Some of those cases have been fired 20+ times and still hold a primer well. I'm shooting 240smk's at 2925fps out of a 30" barrel and don't expect the cases to wear out before the barrel does.I am however considering going to 7mm next time to shoot 180's and Wildcat 200's.I think the 375R case to be the optimum size for efficiency in 7mm.

Steve

Don't whine too much...

I live in Northern Sask.

Unless your a trapper with a trapline(which there are few and far between) you are not allowed to hunt ANY fur-bearing animal without a regular hunting season.

Up here Coyotes, Foxes, Wolves etc. are all protected.

In Southern Sask there is $20 bounty on Coyotes right now and it is open season. Foxes are fair game too. Wolves can be shot if you buy a trappers license. Trappers licenses in Southern Sask can be bought by anyone.

If I drive 4-5 hours South I can hunt.

To make a long story short I cannot hunt anything right now besides paper or steel at the range...and it is snowed in so I cannot even do that.....ARRRGG!!!

On the + side the Walleye are biting GREAT right now.....
wheres sask even at lol? In montana its coyote season all the time.... and is the poor baby afraid of a little snow :rolleyes: ? wow...just...wow i hunt in the snow... for me its the only time to hunt... And snow is great, you can see them bright orange clay birds for miles...

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.